Gambling Tips needed

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
So since i got a lot of gold i decide to spend it gambling in town. I have 2-3 questions though:

1. Does it matter what difficulty you are for the item that you can get gambling?
2. Does it matter what act merchant you use for gambling?
3. Is the mf you have a factor for getting a nice item?
4. Can you get really high items from gambling such as SoJ/Mara's etc?

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
1. yes. gamble hell, unless you want normal items
2. no. i just usually gamble gheed
3. no. but there are items like gheeds fortune and some runeword bow that reduce vendor prices. i can't remember for sure, but i think the level your character is also matters. ie. a level 95 would gamble better items than a level 85
4. yes.

general tip: i only gamble circlets, diadems, coronets, and jewelery. the probability of getting a worth while item on these gambles is highest.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
LADDER REALMS ONLY!

Edge 3 Socket Missile Weapons Tir + Tal + Amn Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
+35% Increased Attack Speed
+320-380% Damage To Demons (varies)
+280% Damage To Undead
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Reduces All Vendor Prices 15%!!!

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
So since i got a lot of gold i decide to spend it gambling in town. I have 2-3 questions though:

1. Does it matter what difficulty you are for the item that you can get gambling?
2. Does it matter what act merchant you use for gambling?
3. Is the mf you have a factor for getting a nice item?
4. Can you get really high items from gambling such as SoJ/Mara's etc?
1. yes it does, -always- gamble in hell.
2. no, it depends on what YOUR level is that effects what you can/will buy in gambling.
3. No, MF has no factor. MF is for slaying monsters, not buying off NPC's
4. Ive always said no i know for a fact it USED to be possible but i thought that changed in like 1.09 patch, but people still say yes its possible, personally ive -never- gambled a unique item...and i love to gamble.

note: make sure to have as much price reduction gear as you can get [gheeds, edge, etc etc] so you can gamble more.

also: back when i played diablo2 i would strictly gamble nothing but circlets, coronets, and tiaras, because they can let out the most paydirt [when you get +2 sill, 20 or 30 fhr/FRW, 20+ str, fire and/or cold res, and 2 sockets, you can thank your lucky stars.