Fox now owns Watchmen

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
lol its still a march or was it may any way. fox will just get a cut of the profits. all rigths are still WB

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
March 6. roughly the week of or after mid-terms....

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I can watch it over Spring Break. If I'm not at the beach. Woo.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
My thoughts on Watchmen;

The book isn't as good as everyone says it is. It's incredibly wordy when it doesn't need to be, it drags on, and is rather boring at parts. It might of revolutionized "modern comics", but that in no way makes it one of the best comics of all time like people herald it as. It's mediocre at best, and hasn't aged well at all. The movie is apparntly as close as a panel to movie copy as can be, with the exception that the giant octopus monster at the end is probably going to be something like a bomb or some shit. I'm gonna go see it, but eh. Not looking forward too it as much as say the Avengers movie or Iron Man 2 or whatever else comes out. Hell, I'm looking forward more towards Cowboy Bepop staring Keanue Reeves more than Watchmen.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It comes out 2 days before my birthday. It'll be the greatest week of my life.

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i really enjoyed watchmen but i'm a little wary of getting too excited about this because i don't know if it'll translate well to film. all the big fat comic nerds who have seen it (i am referring here only to kevin smith) seem to think it's great though, and i don't really give a shit if it ends up being too much of an amalgam of xmen and 300 (visionary director *_*) because it is not dear to me (or not to the extent that it is to a lot of people i know).

();

also, midterm week is going to be aaawesome

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
For the record, I think that the movie will be amazing in it's own way. I don't like that they're making Watchmen a movie, and I don't like how they're portraying the characters and the world on screen, but take that away and look at it from an actual movie standpoint not a "book to movie adaption" and it looks pretty awesome.

Part of the reason it was such a good story was specifically because it was on the comic medium and was at the time one of those "holy shit no ones ever written like this before" as a comic, which will be lost on just about EVERYONE who didn't read Watchmen when it came out or is able to put their mind in the times of when it came out to see how "groundbreaking" it was. That part of isn't going to translate well to film at all, and after last years The Dark Knight it's already been established that Comic Book movies can be for an audience more than the comic readers, so it won't really have any impact on comic book movies like it did on comic books. Maybe if TDK wasn't released or if it was released AFTER Watchmen, that Watchmen might have that "holy shit, Comic Book movies can be totally badass afterall" feel to it, but I just think it's going to be a decent movie based on a mediocre story.

Know what I mean?

I'll tell you one thing though, I can't wait till hear;
"Do it? Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it 35 minutes ago."

It sent shivers down my back when I read it the first time in context to what just happened. Heres hoping the movies delivery is equally as badass.