Forum Clean up

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Lwek said:
Did you know we don't have a working spider hack for BF? I proved that to TrongaMonga and coRtALoS(which I can't believe it STILL isn't installed). That, also, affects activity.
How many times do I have to explain to our staff that we're not installing hacks until the Fatal Errors are resolved?

I'll say it again if you didn't catch that thread in BStaff.

We can't install hacks if we want the vB techs to be able to help us. The moment they find out any hacks are installed on our site, they are not obligated to provide us with tech support.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
jd-inflames said:
You do realize that google spiders wether we have a hack to it or not? That hack just increased the activity by activily sending information back and forth, now we just wait for them. But they ARE still there.
No, I don't realize.
You can see TrongaMonga using the spider hack point here.

coRtALoS said:
How many times do I have to explain to our staff that we're not installing hacks until the Fatal Errors are resolved?

I'll say it again if you didn't catch that thread in BStaff.

We can't install hacks if we want the vB techs to be able to help us. The moment they find out any hacks are installed on our site, they are not obligated to provide us with tech support.
So, why do you think I haven't bumped the thread where you said you would let us know when you can have suggestions?
So, why do you think I haven't PMed you again asking for this hack?

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
Yeah let's just delete all the old threads. It's not like we ever reference them for anything. They are useless. Hell, why stop at 3 weeks? How about 3 hours? Obviously no one wants to reply to it if it's that old. Or we could set up a program that, instead of deleting threads which have been inactive for 3 weeks, deletes people who are inactive for 3 weeks. That should clear up the member list too, in case you find that an eyesore as well. How about.. if you don't want to read the old posts, don't click on Page 20. Sometimes people reference old threads that are extremely enjoyable to read.

Dude how about no. :) i acculy go back to like 6 weeks and look at old threds when im not here, 3 hours? what if someone was gone for a week, yeah shut up. :rolleyes

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Lwek said:
So, why do you think I haven't bumped the thread where you said you would let us know when you can have suggestions? So, why do you think I haven't PMed you again asking for this hack?
For some reason I can't explain "(which I can't believe it STILL isn't installed)." was taken as a personal attack.

I'm sorry. :(

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
coRtALoS said:
For some reason I can't explain "(which I can't believe it STILL isn't installed)." was taken as a personal attack.

I'm sorry. :(
I should take blame for saying that. I learned, the hard way, not to ask for something from someone who's got tons of shit going on in their life. Now my science teacher hates me.:(

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Netxenur said:
You have a section?

sides who cares, we own em, we have memebers, sence you staying anyways <3
........:fwink

anyways lizardbreath you still havent answered my question.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Netxenur said:
Dude how about no. :) i acculy go back to like 6 weeks and look at old threds when im not here, 3 hours? what if someone was gone for a week, yeah shut up. :rolleyes
lol read the last two lines of the paragraph, or my most recent reply :) The rest was sarcasm ^_^

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
We cleared this up already via PM's. I thought Azriel was being an asshole...misinterpretated(sp?) what he said.

Edit: What section? I think I don't understand the question.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lizardbreath said:
We cleared this up already via PM's. I thought Azriel was being an asshole...misinterpretated(sp?) what he said.

Edit: What section? I think I don't understand the question.
I was talking about warcraft section :p

btw read the signature limit thread in chit chat ;) I believe yours is over the limit.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I don't care about what you and Tronga THINK, point of the matter is, google spiders BF whether we like it or you want to admit it or not. Skuzzy's hack just made it easier because it was more SEO compliant AT THE TIME. Even if we still had that hack, spiders wouldn't work any faster at this time because the newer bots (MSN) have a hard time reading sites that aren't XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant. Google still spiders the forums as much as it always had, but it doesn't spider the archive as much because it isn't optimized for the search engines. It's more or less just faster to view.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed my signiature. I will just have to make a request to get a new one. Anybody here make signiatures? Can somebody point me in the right direction?