"For all my newbies...I mean homies!"

M1nt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The Goblin Sapper says that, I believe....LOL...anyways, I just wanted to touch on the subject of unit mixing, because I see alot of peopel making this mistake.

Well, I have noticed that when TFT came out, very few people are true newbies; now, when I say true newbies I mean like they build a barracks, 10 farms, and a lumber mill, then tech to tier 3, and thats all they do. People in general are getting better at warcraft, which is a good thing.

BUT, since most semi-newbies read strats at warcraftiii.net or war3pub etc., they see people talking about how massing is bad, and how a mixed army is so good. Which it is. BUT, what they do is just mix ANY units, and think they'll win. Then they wonder why there base was damn-near-spontaneously reduced to a smoldering heap of wood, metal, and...well just wood and metal.

Mixing units IS good, but you still have to counter their units. You have to mix the RIGHT units. I hope this shines some light on the level 1-10 ladder people.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Of course mixing is good and obviously you have to mix correctly. You can't just thow banshees and statues together to get an army. Or an even better mix Meat Wagons and frost wryms.

You have to think about every possibility when creating your army.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres nice mix for NEs:
-2 mgs
-3~4 dyrads
-2~4 DotCs
-2~3 heros (1st hero = warden/DH)
-2~3 Faerie dragons

Heres what i do
-2 mgs
-4 dyrads
-2 DotC
-2 heros (DH and KotG)
-3 Faerire dragons

Or you can go like this
-Mass hunts
-1 hero
-Some archers
-Mass glaive throwers with wisps (must be sure that u will win!)