Food Limit

PatMan3000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gocdm.com
Starcraft Bood war had a nice food limit of 200. You could rush, and also mass a enormous army.

Now if you look at WarCraft III there isn't much you can really do other than rush with the 90 food limit. Sure you can get about 20 units and attack...but...whats the fun of that? What happened to big wars with bombs flying all over?

Now my question is what will be the food limit of Starcraft 2? My guess is that it will also drop to 90 due to high tech graphics slowing down older computers, thus making the game user friendly to those that have slow computers.

Anyway my hope is that it will stay to 200 and they still still have the team melee maps....

Um...now this could actually be a good poll vote too....

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
200 is a good food limit. 90 is 2 quick to get to. sc is more about big wars and battles while wc3 was more of skirmishes. the team melee maps were fun, even if not as many ppl played it as much.

B)ushid(o

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ability to change food limit would be cool. Like 90,120,150,etc.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PatMan3000
Yeah i didn't like how they took away melee on wc3 and you have to play certain maps. I hope that SC2 doesn't go for the same path...
They took it away because of three reasons, win giving, back stabbing, and abuse. the new system makse those things go away.

Originally posted by Infested

200 is a good food limit. 90 is 2 quick to get to. sc is more about big wars and battles while wc3 was more of skirmishes. the team melee maps were fun, even if not as many ppl played it as much.

I haven't reached 90/90 food limit, in fact i haven't reached past 60/60 in warcraft 3 since my newbie dealings. 200 is a stupid soncept and i hope that 90 is here to stay, or make food realy high if u have 200, so marine would take 3 food and stuff. To many units means lag and massing, wheres the strats in massing?

PatMan3000

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.gocdm.com
I respect you opinon but calling it stupid i donot. I take it your the rushing type. No skill. Just quick get the units go and kill. You dont have a startegy to go kill or any of the sorta. On SC that was cool. You get ur huge armies attack from differen't sides and take over the land. If you can't even get over 60/90 thats very sad. Cuz almost every game i play i at least hit 70-85, unless its one of the lame rushes

sure its abused, but come on now, they can at least add in new maps from time to time and stuff. They make the game boring. I hardly even play wc3 now. I hope they do not do that to SC. Sure have the same system as WC3, but lets seem them add in more maps from time to time and take out others.

InvincibleMuta

Member!
Reaction score
The Land of the Free and the Home of Purdue
Website
Visit site
well wc3 had a low limit cause it wasnt a mass unit type of game compared to sc. U built small troops versus the mass armies in sc. They should probably make the food limit differing, like B)ushid(o said. It would make the melee more variable. That plus the idea that the newer maps max out too early, up the map limits a lot.

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
I think the game play should stay the same (graphics) and the food limit should stay the same. On most maps u get 60 workers just for minerals and gas, sometimes even on non-money if you expand alot.

[)eath_razer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that if u could change the food limit is cool like B)ushid(o said. Also I like the food limit around 150 because that way u can enough miners, while u can have a good attack and defence force. Also with a bigger food limit u can use more than one attack forces to add to the strategy instead of going a straight on attack. I just hope that in SC2 they dont bring it down to 90.

P.S even though peeps dont like Bsing it adds to the strategy of the game

FinalianX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Okay, I have an idea. Why don't they just make a new function where the host can change the food limit before the game starts?
the host should have a choice from 90 to 200. The players and the host all talk, about what the food limit should be before they start the game.

Spazz727

Member!
Reaction score
Now thats a good idea, but what about ladder?

Blizzard will proly use the same ladder idea as wc3, so what now?

Personally i say they should make it with simple 3d graphics and up the limit to say 1000!!!

That would be tight they should make a bigger variety of units also make it like a real war- hell 10k!!!!

Newayz 1 of my friends may think of making a food hack for wc3...

Aeris22

Member!
Reaction score
i like the food limit being limited to 100, at least somone wouldnt be able to completly swarm you with zerglings, it requires more strategy with a much more limited food cap tham brute force, Not saying that that dosnt always work

Erazor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.sector-19.com
Reasons why I think wc3 only has 90 food.
1. You only need to put 5 peons on gold
2. Units have lots more health (ex. Marine - 40 .. Grunt - 680)
3. More spell/magic based
4. Less Lag
5. Hero's
6. Cause thats the way blizzard made it!

gunner52060

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i aggree it should be like aoe where you can pick the pop limit. also there should be a setting in there for those who want to tweak and have high end cpu to set the pop limit to like 500 or more. This would make for some really good battles. It cool when you start with toss and end up with 200 toss 200 serg and 200 teeran by taking over a worker unit.

SuperiorNewbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dont' forget UMS maps. How can you play some maps today if there is only 100 limit? i suggest 100 for standard games, 200 for UMS maps. They can also add a option to set it within the map editor. Did you know that you can get to 800 food limit when you are playing team ffa over lan with 2 teams. use only one race and taht race will have 800 food limit or psy limit or control

Induhvidual_1

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
um the food limit should be more, like around 350!!! with 8 players full on!!! remember, the more the merrier, make it so you can set the food limit like AOE:Age of the Kings, like in multiplayer you can select food limit ie, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, 300 and so on....

SCfan13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Induhvidual i agree with you. I hate it when its so limited like in wc3 at 90. I mean for instance look at the back of a starcraft box youll see massive armies with varied soldiers fighting. Thats what war is not some cheap shit with like 14 men fighting another 14!