Firelord?

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
The few times I've chosen firelord have all been in solo games, as a second hero. I go, Incinerate/Soulburn/Incinerate/Soulburn/Soulburn/Incinerate/Volcano, not getting volcano till level 7, my reasoning being that I can always retrain for it if I need it, and the SB/Incinerate combo is too good not to max out at level 6. Any intelligence hero on the battlefield doesnt stand a chance vs a high level firelord, and he can give even Agi/Str heros fits, too. Particularly if you get a nice item or 2 on him, such as : boots of speed, gloves of haste, +9 or above claws of attack, a purge or corruption orb. My only beef is the 12 second cooldown on soulburn, and the effect doesn't last quite long enough on heros. (think its 6-7-8, should be 8-9-10).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I like thefirelord, and htink he is balanced right now. why people thinks he sucsk, like the BM is he is not a one man army anymore, and sicne he cant win the game for you, he must suck

exact oposite, the BM is still a dmoinating hero, but he doesnt win the game, so he isnt used. whats sad is this game relys so heavily on abuse that many players pass up good opurtunities to do something different.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Wind Walk was edited because the backstab damage was too cheap. Blademaster can still be a hero killing machine, if you get him lots of items, orb of lightning and possibly corruption. The firelord works like a Pit Lord, get him lots of Claws of Attack or orbs and he can really screw up enemies.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Well with that argument you could say ANY hero is a walking machine with the right items

FL is only useful for Orc for an early mob that might be needed to overrun an early NE and for the same reason UD can use him for a small meatshield against Orc.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Mystic Sorcerer said:
3v3 sucks thats it ! In 2v2 he is imbalanced with any ally but I prefer not to choose him. Even in 1v1 he is good once the spawns become 4 or more... I hate him
I had 5 spanws on a hero rush you know what that does a NE base when he dosn't know how to use his wisps a Farseer and an AM 5 spawns an archer and two foot men and a water elemental we crippled him into uselessness. this again was RT on Azeroth my orginal intention was to BS it was a spoof account.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah whos that who doesnt use wisps to dispell, a noob? Btw the FL is used a lot as Human lately, he's good for footmen rush afterall. As second. I wouldn't use him that much though.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
Yeah whos that who doesnt use wisps to dispell, a noob? Btw the FL is used a lot as Human lately, he's good for footmen rush afterall. As second. I wouldn't use him that much though.
nono ms, yougot it all wrong, lvl 1 fire spawns are weak shits, you can just FF for few seconds and poof, UH OH THERE GOES 150 MANA WASTED and not a huge damages on your units, its all about micro really.....

FL can be used alot... but I think other heros are more beneficial, Ive also seen alchemists being used... but then again, the guy was playing against nub UD so..

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but an UD played me FL+ alchemist and got owned but other UDs level 24-25 did that thing with mass ghouls in the center of your peasants for gold + spawns. Omg if you counter this you'll have more than 1/2 of your peasants killed and by the time you have enough peasants he will have had some other things to outnumber you.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mystic Sorcerer said:
Yes but an UD played me FL+ alchemist and got owned but other UDs level 24-25 did that thing with mass ghouls in the center of your peasants for gold + spawns. Omg if you counter this you'll have more than 1/2 of your peasants killed and by the time you have enough peasants he will have had some other things to outnumber you.
thats why you block the way :p or quickly kill FL, FL has low hp, like REALLY low...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
N_ said:
nono ms, yougot it all wrong, lvl 1 fire spawns are weak shits, you can just FF for few seconds and poof, UH OH THERE GOES 150 MANA WASTED and not a huge damages on your units, its all about micro really.....

FL can be used alot... but I think other heros are more beneficial, Ive also seen alchemists being used... but then again, the guy was playing against nub UD so..
Yeah wasting your time on measly lava spawn that are easily slaughtered by many units and heroes at lvl 1. You're better off using lava spawn when you have an army accompying you. They will multiply without much threat of being attacked.