Firefly/Serenity

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
So who all here has watched these?

If you haven't I definantly recommend watching the T.V. series. Great cast, good writing, interesting setting. It is a little weird getting past the language (The small amount of Chinese and slightly altered English) and the premise (space western). But its a great experience.

Truly supports the phrase "The brightest stars burn for the shortest time."

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I still can't believe you watched Serenity before you watched the T.V. series. I'm O.C.D. when it comes to watching stuff sequentially. :p

Honestly, if you're not hooked by the end of the 2nd episode, you're not going to enjoy it. Take a couple hours out of your next day off and check it out if you haven't already seen this series/movie.

A little backstory for why a T.V. show that only lasted 1 season got it's own movie - The fans. Though the fanbase wasn't as massive as some of the other more syndicated television series, the cult following Firefly generated, and the character development that made you love the actors, because you could see parts of yourself within them made this show so unique.
Wikipedia said:
Also, as of May 2007, it was the most popular science fiction show amongst users of tv.com
The fans, referred to as 'Browncoats', are some of the most loyal to this day, years after the show was cancelled - Myself and Ryan included. :)

Goddammit Ryan, now I have to go make a Firefly-based sigatar. :(

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
<3

I finally got the Series DVDs and watched the commentaries so I had to post something.

Have you read the comics, Sean?

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
It's official canon and had input from Joss. I enjoyed them and theres one thats supposed to come out soon shedding light on Book's past.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I watched the series when it aired. It's really good. I really wanted it to have the finish it deserved and not the movie's. The movie was okay but it was a lot of stuff crammed into a brief amount of time and seemed to epic. Plus Wash. :(

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It was OK.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wish there would've been a second season. I was pissed when it ended.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
I watched a few episodes and the movie, but it just didn't do anything for me. I'll admit it was really well done, and kept me entertained, but I just never got into it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Watched the movie, and thought it was an icecream cone of shit.

I like Joss Wheden, but people who consistently call him fancy words for amazing need to be shot. I picked up a few of the buffy and angel comics that are supposed to have followed the series, and his runs on astonishingX-men and Runaways have led me to conclude he should be barred from writing comics.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
His early Buffy and full Angel TV runs were balltastic.
Firefly/Serenity were ok.
His comic writing is so incredibly overrated it's not even funny.