Final game?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Anyone know if this will be the final game of the "warcraft series". I heard that world of warcraft is gonna be like Everquest, any truth to that? I think that would be a great idea, if they turned it into a MMPOG / RPG like EQ... would keep the game going on forever. Last I heard, WoW was gonna come out before SC2 did... although I found that hard to beleive (and I still do). Any1 have any news on this?

HipHopHobo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes WoW is going to be like everquest, yes it will be pay for play, yes it will have alot of characters to play as.

CSxParasite

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Aw man that sucks, but I sure hope Blizz takes on WC4. That would be fun to add to my collection, but probably take em bout 5 years to make it, knowing blizzard that is.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
there will be no WC4... WoW will be the end as far as I know, but chances are, they will keep WoW going for several years. I think it's a very good idea to do it like everquest... it's the perfect ending for a series that has revolutionized the gaming industry. I only hope that after Starcraft 3 comes out, we see a MMPOG for it too..... heh, that will prob be in 9-10 years. I should just be finishing medical school by then :)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
a mmorpg for starcraft would be very cool, yet weeiiirrrddd *thinks* COOL! but we never know. BTW is there anysites on sc2 yet?

MaDnEsS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
an MMPOG for warcraft 3? never heard anything about that but it sounds sweet, i wonder when it will come out

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
well, the bright side to it being P2P will be less cheaters... EverQuest has virtually no cheaters. Of course there will always be cheaters, but if someone is paying $10 a month, they obviously care about the game alot... so they won't do stupid things that will get their account deleted (like cheating/hacking). Also, the good thing about live games like that is that even if someone did wanna cheat, it's hard to... not like Diablo or even Warcraft (map hacks, ect.). I've never been a huge warcraft fan. It was always too complex of a game for me... not that I can't handle that, but I just prefer a more relaxing game like starcraft. Warcraft was fun when playing in person though (lan parties). Anyways... when WoW comes out ill prob become a big fan of it :) Even though i'd like it better if it were WoS (world of starcraft)..... heh

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Ah... you mean World of Starcraft???... hmm, maybe once Starcraft 2 and Starcraft 3 come out they will. That being said, looks like WoS will be out in about 20 years... :(

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
Wow

would there be a way to play WoW off line?
And if u could, how would they no you paid or not?

Just sumthin to think about

someLinuxGuy

Reaction score
Website
www.tuxlan.com
Originally posted by pan_the_man
you never know they could make a wos. that would be cool.
I dont really think the will come out with something like wos maybe if they dont get too greedy. Seems to me that star craft is blizzards "we have this game this game and on the side we are doing star craft".

Reines

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i sent an e-mail to blizzard support. there will be a $10 charge for Worl of Warcraft. but not for battle.net. why should it matter about WOW? just play on b.net.

animedrgn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
so this is the last game of wc?i've loved that game since i got it and i wish wc would go on after wow. it was 1 of the best set of games i ever bought

dr_blizzard

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
u also gota pay a fee to play it online a monthly fee as u said it is for the WOW server maintenence and repair of the servers

:(

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HELLO HAVE ANY OF YOU GUY FINISHED WC3 YET. Arthas is clearly still around and so is the Lich King.Any way they said on blizzard that wow is set after wc3.

and another thing why the **** would they start charging people to play on battle.net after so long and if they so i will be so very p****d