Error25: A critical error has occured while intializing direct3D

F

FAKE

Every time I try to get on diablo 2 it says: error25: A critical error has occured while intializing direct3D
WTF.......... HELP ME PLSSSSS!!!!! :(

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
FAKE said:
Every time I try to get on diablo 2 it says: error25: A critical error has occured while intializing direct3D
WTF.......... HELP ME PLSSSSS!!!!! :(
Run the Diablo II video test. What happens?*

watergodlove

smile or a troll will eat you
Reaction score
ok i am using windows vista got the same error 25 message changed my setting to 2d then got error 22 message i've change the game compatibility to other windows versions and have updated all my sound and video drives and have the newest version of directx.

CAN SOME ONE PLZ HELP!!!
also the game worked fine for about a week b4 i started getting the messages
any info would be greatly appreciated!!

PEACE LOVE & WATER

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
seirous answer:

Vista, since day one(ish), has been giving random problems with D2, some say it works, some say it doesnt, some say it works SOMETIMES, i havnt seen a true answer to anything besides "wait a week and reinstall"

my best suggestion would be to setup a dual boot for windows XP though, i suggest that to everyone tha thas vista

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
Vista is your only problem.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Why are we not posting this in the correct forum?

-Frank

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
b/c im half awake. NOW DIE

L

Laharl

Problem is Vista. Solution is Windows XP.

Computer - Vista + Windows XP = Diablo II working properly.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont know if you can still do it in vista cause im still on xp, but you may be able to run it in compatability mode for an older os and that may work

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
seirous answer:

Vista, since day one(ish), has been giving random problems with D2, some say it works, some say it doesnt, some say it works SOMETIMES, i havnt seen a true answer to anything besides "wait a week and reinstall"

my best suggestion would be to setup a dual boot for windows XP though, i suggest that to everyone tha thas vista
After reading this thread, I have came to this conclusion:

First of all guys, this is help this guy with his problem with the resources he has. NOT BASH VISTA BECAUSE IT SUCKS TO MAKE HIM FEEL BAD thread. Cheeze, Dragn, and Wing seem to be the only ones who have some finite advice here. If I was that kid and I read that advice, I would think of you all as *no offense* dorks and not post here.

In order for him to install XP properly, he would need to get XP before it goes off the shelves. He can't download it to a CD because it may not be registered as authentic. That would be spending more time and resources than he would normally spend to fix a minor problem. And what if he uninstalls Vista, and XP doesnt work? I was wondering did half of you think about that before you posted, or let alone actually install and use the OS?

Second, Blizzard Tech Support is decent. But pretty unreliable. They are good for basic problems, but I ask them for more advanced help, and they dont give me what I want.

I am running Vista Premium at this house, and all my D2 mods and vanilla D2 are running at optimal parameters. The problem with Vista is it has Dx9, but the DLLs for it are in a different package than the one Diablo II wants. Every single game I own runs on Vista properly even, the only con is I only have 1 GB of free RAM out of 2.

First, go to Microsoft's website and download DirectX End User Runtime, and install that. This will give you the updated APIs for Dx9 and Dx10. If you are running 64bit Windows, then I don't know what to say. Because 64 Bits cannot install drivers as of yet.

I found this to be a solution since my friend had problems installing Age of Empires IV on his Vista machine. He was missing dx9_32.dll, so he downloaded the End User Runtime. It ended up working and installing properly. This was the first thing I did when I got this PC operational.