"Empire of the Sun" Question

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Don't post "I never saw it" here. That really annoys me.

For anyone that might've seen this old movie (from 1986 I think), I've been trying to figure out one scene over and over with no luck. If you haven't seen this, but plan on it, I don't recommend reading any further.

My question, to avoid spoiling any of it, is colored black.

In the scene right after the Americans bomb the camp Jim is staying in (near the end where he's screaming on the rooftop at the B-51s, etc), I can't figure out what's with the scene after where he goes into the room with the two adults that were taking care of him before he moved into the "American Rooms". He goes back there, where the woman unpacks all his stuff, and hangs it back up on the walls, while he sits there and looks miserable.

Was he kicked out of the American rooms for singing that song to the Japaneese fighter pilots? Or is there just something really easy I'm missing?

This movie's been on HBO @ 12 midnight for the last two nights, and that scene is the only one I don't understand. It's an awesome movie... just really pisses me off that I don't understand that one part. :-/

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Even I figured that out =/

Personally I have not seen the movie. but if no one answers this in two days and this thread dies. I'll go rent the movie and do an analiys on it because I have no life :) I did it with donnie darko.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
I never saw it, but on the other hand I think I did ... is it about a little kid who is in some sort of camp (concentration camp) together with adult americans (pilots) and all around them are japanese guys with guns (guards)?

Well here comes the weird part: I only saw one single scene of this movie, since Starship Troopers was running ... and I am quite sure that the scene I saw was showed a little boy singing ... then he like went to bed or something and then he was running around outside since the pilots got pissed ... scary Oo