Druid LLD Guide by Mist

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
DRUID

The Druid is a fierce shapeshifting combatant with by far the most life of any class in the entire game. Assaulting his enemies as a snarling, savage beast, he can steal large amounts of life and can become a very powerful creature, while still remaining one of the most versatile classes in the game. This guide will help you forge your druid into a LLD legend.​

UPDATE: 6/26 Fixed some more misc. errors and added FAQ. The guide is now finished.

UPDATE: 6/26 Fixed Antlers skills on level 16 guide. Fixed level 9 jewel.
UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 16 guide.
UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 12 bear guide. Fixed an image error.
UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 12 wolf guide. Fixed more charm errors.
UPDATE: 6/26 Fixed another image problem, some formatting, and typos.
UPDATE: 6/26 Fixed ctb% in level 9 char screen and fixed STR inaccuracy.
UPDATE: 6/26 Added level 9 guide.
The Level 9 Druid

Stat Points
Strength: 15 +0-26 (depending on charms)
Dexterity: 20 +0-5 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 25 +24-55 (depending on charms)
Energy: 20 +0

Code:
[b][u]Skill Points[/u][/b]
+9 Werewolf
+9 Lycanthropy
+2 Oak Sage
Items
Biggin's Bonnet................(Unique Cap, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Flail...............................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 5 open sockets
Light Plate......................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Umbral Disk.....................(Unique Small Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Death's Hand...................(Set Leather Gloves, Non-ethereal)
Death's Guard..................(Set Sash, Non-ethereal)
Hotspur..........................(Unique Boots, Non-ethereal)
Nagelring........................(Unique ring)
Nagelring........................(Unique ring)
Magical or Rare Amulet......(+Attack Rating and +Life)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +26 Strength in charms (5 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 6 +1 Strength Small Charms) and +5 Dexterity in charms (a +4 Dexterity Grand Charm and a +1 Dexterity Small Charm). Alternatively, you can use no Strength or Dexterity Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Sharp {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms with a third magical property, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage and can have 10-20% enhanced damage. that's 10 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
The level 9 druid is an extremely versatile fighter. Though he has no special attack skills and somewhat laughable defense, his Life (with some help from an Oak Sage) far exceeds that of any other class in the game at this level, and his adequate damage paired with an above-average attack speed can make for a worthy character, especially with the life steal bonus from the Death's set. The level 9 druid's battle strategy is simply to cast Oak Sage and Werewolf before a battle, then begin attacking. If your enemy kills your oak sage, you can keep recasting it until you run out of mana. The key to success with a level 9 druid is just to get right in their face and attack them repeatedly, letting your large amount of health make up for your poor defense. With any luck, most of your hits will connect and they will go down fairly fast. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Level 12 Wolf Druid

Stat Points
Dexterity: 20 +0 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 25 +44-70 (depending on charms)

Code:
+11 Werewolf
+10 Lycanthropy
+1 Feral Rage
+1 Oak Sage
Items (almost identical to level 9 build - I'm not lazy, I tried MANY - I mean MANY alternatives and this works the best for level 12 so far.

Biggin's Bonnet................(Unique Cap, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Flail...............................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 5 open sockets
Light Plate......................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Umbral Disk.....................(Unique Small Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Hotspur..........................(Unique Boots, Non-ethereal)
Angelic Halo....................(Set Ring)
Angelic Wings..................(Set Amulet)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +26 Strength in charms (5 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 6 +1 Strength Small Charms). Alternatively, you can use no Strength Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Fine {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms with a third magical property, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage, and 10-20% enhanced damage. that's 10 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
First off: I'm well aware how similar this build is to its level 9 partner. However, I decided to create a separate guide for it because it DOES have its differences, and I didn't want to give the first impression that level 12 druids can only be Bear builds. In fact, I prefer this build over the bear one sometimes. Now, the first thing you notice is that you have an incredible amount of life steal, 20% to be exact (with Feral Rage fully charged). This, along with your gargantuan amount of life, is your winning ticket. The major difference between this strategy and the last is that you shouldn't recast Sage when it dies - you'll need the mana to relentlessly pelt them with Feral Rage, constantly gaining back large amounts of health every time you connect a hit. Again, a simple build, with a simple winning method, but nevertheless fun. Having that much life steal can always be interesting in an intense duel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Level 12 Bear Druid

Stat Points
Strength: 15 +5-50 (depending on charms)
Vitality: 25 +20-65 (depending on charms)

Code:
+1 Werewolf
+12 Lycanthropy
+7 Werebear
+1 Maul
+2 Oak Sage
Items
Antlers...................................(+1-3 to Werebear and/or Maul and/or Lycanthropy, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Maul (slower, more damage)...........(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 6 open sockets
Great Axe (faster, less damage)......(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 6 open sockets
Gothic Plate............................(Normal quality, Non-ethereal) 4 open sockets
Bloodfist.................................(Unique Heavy Gloves, Non-ethereal)
Death's Guard..........................(Set Sash, Non-ethereal)
Hotspur..................................(Unique Boots, Non-ethereal)
Angelic Halo............................(Set Ring)
Angelic Halo............................(Set Ring)
Angelic Wings..........................(Set Amulet)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +50 Strength in charms (10 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 10 +1 Strength Small Charms), minus a few strength grand charms for FHR charms instead if needed. Alternatively, you can use no Strength Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Fine {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage, and 10-20% enhanced damage. that's 13 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
The great Werebear druid is a massive, powerful animal. With over 1k life and 600 damage, this build will allow you effortlessly smash the skull of your enemy in one ruthless blow. The only downside (though it is MAJOR) is your recklessly low attack rating, combined with a merely adequate attack speed. The trick here is to play it safe. Your cumbersome body is easy to target and hit because of your size and low defense, and especially because of the complete lack of any chance to block due to the fact that you don't have a shield. Run away when you have to, if you're being repeatedly smashed by your opponent and can't get a hit in. You may want to charge up Maul on an enemy monster and then engage your opponent. It will take some getting used to the slow Bear form, but with practice and training, you will be able to mow down your enemies while looking all the L33Ter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Level 16 Druid

Stat Points
Vitality: 25 +64-90 (depending on charms)

Code:
+16 Werewolf
+5 Lycanthropy
+5 Feral Rage
+1 Oak Sage
Items
Antlers...........................(+1-3 to Werewolf and/or Feral Rage and/or Lycanthropy, Non-ethereal) 3 open sockets
Twitchthroe....................(Unique Studded Leather, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Swordback Hold...............(Unique Spiked Shield, Non-ethereal) 1 open socket
Cow King's Hooves............(Set Leather Boots, Non-ethereal)
Angelic Wings..................(Set Amulet)

Charms: This build doesn't require any charms. However, I recommend +26 Strength in charms (5 +4 Strength Grand Charms and 6 +1 Strength Small Charms). Alternatively, you can use no Strength Charms, and any other charms of your choosing (they should be Fine {+max damage, +AR} Grand Charms, and Small Charms with +life).

Sockets
Every item in the above list should be socketed to its maximum potential. Each socket is to be filled with jewels of Wrath, which add 9 to maximum damage, and 10-20% enhanced damage. that's 10 jewels of Wrath.

STRATEGY
The first thing you'll notice (and probably complain about) is that your damage, defense, and life are low. However, if you took a nice look at your attack rating, and figured that in with 36% life stolen per hit with feral rage, and the fact that you will attack much faster than in previous builds, you can see where this druid's effectiveness quickly adds up! The key to dueling with the level 16 druid is to relentlessly pursue and hit them with Feral Rage. The cow kings boots and the Feral Rage bonus will both increase your run/walk speed, helping you to chase down and tackle opponents trying to keep their distance, and your insane amount of life steal will keep you alive throughout the battle as long as your mana keeps up. This is a very effective build, and I recommend that you try it and see if you like it! And as always, have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q.

Q: Why do these guides have 20, 23, and 27 skill points? My LLD doesn't have that many...
A: I assume you've glitch rushed your LLD character up through hell and done all of their skill, stat, resist, and life quests. This gives +12 skills, +30 all resists, +15 stat points, and +60 life.

Q: I don't have enough stat points to use one of your builds! Why?
A: See above.

Q: I want to use the charms you recommend, but I can't find many, and killing act 1 enemies is boring. What can I do?
A: Most of my guides don't require charms. Those that do only require very few charms. You can spend the stat points instead of using charms, or you could buy the charms from other players if you don't want to do the work of finding them yourself.

Q: What about those sharp/fine grand charms and small charms of life? Where can I find those?
A: If you want to use them, I would buy them from other players, as they can be quite difficult to come across.

Q: Why don't you add more dex to increase your ctb%?
A: Dex is one of the druid's weakest traits, which means his ctb% is increased only a little per dex point. Vitality, however, is his strongest aspect, and therefore I encourage taking full advantage of it. If you want to sacrifice a few hundred hit points for ~10% extra chance to block, be my guest. I don't recommend this.

Q: Maul is useless. I can't hit a damn thing.
A: You can employ the use of many AR or Fine grand charms to help with this. Every build has its drawbacks. If you had 2000 AR to go along with your 600 damage you'd be as unstoppable as an assassin, hahaha.

Q: What about a mercenary?
A: Mercenaries are just about useless in LLD. Aura mercs are too low level to even turn their aura on, and no other merc does damage. At level 16 you might consider getting an act 1 merc, with twitch, biggins, and raven claw (for the explosive arrows) but I honestly don't see the point in wasting the time. It will do between 0 and 1 damage to your opponent and will die in a single hit.

Q: How does Life Leech work in PvP?
A: Your Life Leech% is reduced by an amount I'm not too sure about, but it definitely works. I am fairly confident it isn't reduced any more than half.

The FAQ will be updated every time a question is asked, so feel free to do so if you have a question. This guide was made by me, and the images were ripped by me as well. Anyone's free to distribute this guide as long as it is distributed in full, unedited, and I get credit. Look for more class guides from me soon!

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Nice. Im not a big fan of druids but this does make me want to try it out. Good job and keep it up!!

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of druids at all, actually. :p but they can still be good LLD, just not as good as an asn or pally. Besides I want to write a guide on every possible good LLD char in the game, eventually.

EDIT: the guide is now finished.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
I dont use druids much so i dont know much about them, but it looks ok..
But how does LL% work in PvP ?

~Shadow

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, it works in full. My level 9 double swing barb's LL saves his ass sometimes. There might be a % reduction for pvp, but I don't know what the figure is, if so. All I know is my barb's 12% LL works, and it works nicely.

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
hmm. personally i like my barb the best so far but i like your assn 1 so ill try it next. alos, i think you should start a LLD clan or something. idd join for sure ;)

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
ya. by then ill be back în the US and ill add you or whatever. your acc is tty right?

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
I've been wrong about a lot of things in my guides, and i'm learning quickly. Currently in the works is a complete Jewel and Charm guide for LLD, including rares. I didn't know rare prefixes and suffixes of the same type could stack until I saw a rare jewel with +12 max damage and level 9 req the other day. I've been messing around and have learned a lot. Unfortunately my cd-drive has been confiscated so I have to wait a few weeks for my new comp, before I can continue progress... unless someone would be kind enough to send me the required .mpq files to run with no cd.

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
sorry to hear about that. wow. you ARE dedicated. not that thats a bad thing. it helps us all. ;)

shdw

Member!
Reaction score
you would get owned vs any other vlld or lld with those setups.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Nice bump job, do you do blows too?

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
for SS druids, the only thing that effects their attack speed is weapon speed, so a 30% ias increase in your gloves woudnt do anything. I suggest khalim's will with a socket.

shdw

Member!
Reaction score
wolf druids suck, period. they gain there edge at 30 when fury is available.

anything under that there to slow and there dmg is low, far far lower than a bash barb, jab zon, ts asn, sac pally etc..

lvl 9, they get owned vs everything even with godly gear..
lvl 14 they can be insane but only in werebear using khalims using maul. a huge tank with a semi fast attack is prty kool. werewolf at this lvl sucks balls im affraid.

light plate sucks, hotspurs suck, nagels suck, plain flail sucks, biggins bonnet severely sucks..

you want max dmg jewels and plenty of them. using a 15% sup ancient 4 sokt with 36+ max - 60% reqs in jewel. 18+ max dmg 15% sup mask or crown or w/e 3 maul pelt.

rings rare ar with stats at lvl 9. lvl 12+ angelics..

boots 15 ar 10% fhr 10% frw stat boots. cowkings at 13..

khalims only option as weapon..

umbral disk.. no. pelta is better. then vbsod is also better or a godly rare..

deaths belt + bloodfists.

i feel sorry for the people who will follow your druid builds, they will get severely molestered and ass raped back to the festus hole they came from.
use 15 life LARGE CHARMS under lvl 14. at lvl 14 use 10 life scs. at 17+ 15 life scs.

wow u rely dont know a thing about lld lol

bloodstar

Reaction score
I dont no any thing about lld but i going to bein a lld clan.so if u no a thing or to a about lld or got any lld stuff i can have or trade plz emal me at slickdare@aol.com ty =)