"Drop hack attempted"... Getting close?

L0ki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Weird msg when trying dupe method...

I've been fooling with some ideas on how to dupe (without using programs) on closed bnet. The method is kinda (but not really - requires two players) similar to duping methods from previous versions of Diablo (the old drop dupe) that caused a glitch that results in:

1/ The item that im mucking around with disappearing forever to I don't know where!

2/ The message <maphack>:itemdophack(9C0103)attempted by *unknown* (all in red, upper left) coming up??? wtf? - anyone else ever got this? I searched forum and can't find a reference to it in any other post. Note: this is not the either of the drop hacks that most people know... i.e. isn't a hack that drops players from the game or forces players to drop items.

3/ The player who gets the message laggs, and the item either becomes stuck on the cursor (can't be droped or placed in inventory... therefore you can't move), or becomes stuck in the inventory and can't be removed (but the player can still move and pick other stuff up etc....) If it is stuck on cursor and you try to put it in your inv... it sounds like you are... but nothing happens... and you can keep making the item dropping sound every time you try to place it. If the player then exits the game and enters another game (or back to the same one) the item is gone... not still on cursor or in inventory. And it doesn't appear in the previous game either.... it literally disappears. This was discovered (accidentally) with a Bul-Kathos' Sacred Chrage (cb) which was a pain to loose, and then repeated with normal or magic items with the same results.

Also - the message doen't appear every time... only sometimes. I don't know exactly what this means or if it has any potential whatsoever but is an interesting phenomena regardless. I'm guessing it might be a message from map hack... which was running at the time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

PS - you can tell from my post count that I'm kinda new.... "long time listener, first time caller!"

L0ki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yah... maphack was running which is why I thought it might be a message from map hack... but if this was the whole story wouldnt the message appear everytime?

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
it could be like the gamedrop hack where u have to perform it several time before it works correctly.

L0ki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please explain further...? It can't really be repeated it because I have only had the item go to the inventory once (probably a timing thing) and if it goes to your cursor then you can't move, pick items up, trade (it says you are busy), or do anything except talk or exit game....

When I did get the item to go to the inventory I did repeat it... and the next time it went to the cursor. After exiting and returning both items were gone.