Do you think CosmosUI is banworthy?

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
first off, cosmos is a program that changes the interface in the game. it's been out for a while, and it's useful. a lot of people have been using it, but blizzard hasnt banned anyone for it. it can also send your character information to www.thottbot.com and peopel can view your character.

i really love to use it. it adds more places for holding spells, and it's just incredible. i dont think blizzard should ban people who use it because they havent said anything about it yet.

what do you think?

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dunno, they banned people for maphack in D2 and that was the most useful/non-cheating hack in the game.

Jonro

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can some1 give me a brief disription of what it does and a link to where i can get it pritty please? (sorry for the spelling, was in a rush)

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
SephirothX89 said:
Dunno, they banned people for maphack in D2 and that was the most useful/non-cheating hack in the game.
The only problem with that was that blizzard intended the whole fog of war thingy and that it gave you an unfair advantage over other people (even though 99% of them had maphack). I'm still iffy on cosmos because all it does is make everything better and still maintains a fair balance. I wouldn't really know though :-/

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
well, they have a custom interface forum on wow.com and a lot of peopel talk cosmos there and blizzard doesnt seem to mind.

www.cosmosui.org

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
It's helps ease the the game a bit, If blizz could just added more Attacks Bars, I would be fine and not used Cosmos.

-=@Driphter@=-

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.beef4kids.com
There is no way that Blizzard would ever ban somebody for the use of cosmos or any other UI mod that was made with their UI customization system. It was created for these kinds of things. I think it was a great idea on Blizz's part because it will definitely aid with the stopping of any third party programs(maphack).

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
So many people use it now, the ban would be ridiculous. I don't use it though. There still is that chance of having a character deleted.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
--

There's a forum on wow.com dedicated to interface changing..It's clear they don't mind. I don't use it either though..Sounded too confusing.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You should use it. It's really easy to install, learn, and use. I've got 46 spell slots on my screen at any given time.

And no, Blizzard will NEVER ban anyone who uses this. UI mods are perfectly legal, and Blizzard has explicitly stated that they do not condone the use of such mods. There is no risk of a char being deleted.