Diablo trailer still of Big D

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
When I saw the cinematic trailer, I immediately knew I wanted a still of Diablo roaring at the screen, so I booted up Windows Movie Maker and imported the vid into it so I could snag a screenshot (since WMP is a wang about screenshotting its content).

Anyways, here's the shot I grabbed, just in case anybody wants it. It was a little bit of a pain in the ass for me, so I figured I'd save anyone the trouble. It's already been cropped to be pretty good as far as wallpaper ratio goes, so if you want to use it as a desktop image that's cool (that's what I'm doing.)

I also darkened it a little bit to get rid of some of that "bleached" feeling.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I still prefer using my Red Alert 2 loading screen, thank you very much :).

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hehe, I'm a sucker for massive fiery demon beasties. Seeing this clip of that trailer made me pee a little.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Did you see that giant monster at the end of the 20 minute demo?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
The one that pounded a female Witch Doctor into mush and bit the head off the Barbarian? Yeeeeess I did. I had a little accident in my pants during that too. =D

Seriously, this game makes me happy in my special place. This is like, perfectly the kind of crap I get into.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
needs more bloom and brown D:

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The one that pounded a female Witch Doctor into mush and bit the head off the Barbarian? Yeeeeess I did. I had a little accident in my pants during that too. =D

Seriously, this game makes me happy in my special place. This is like, perfectly the kind of crap I get into.
It just proves now this game may not be the hack and slash game of it's predesecors. I hope it isn't, it was probably one of the reasons why games get cookie cutter setups - and cookie cutter leads to boring. That was one reason why I started doing Diablo II mods now.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
So far I think they did just enough complete reworking, and kept just enough faith to the original concepts. Barbarian looks almost identical to D2, just older and more seasoned, with kewl new lewt. The skills we were already familiar with look the same, just updated and hawt.

I couldn't be more pleased with its progress so far...the direction they appear to be taking it is just amazing. I love how they're shunning conventional horror cliches like the "brown/bloom/mud" thing Wing's always loling about, and focusing instead on setting it on a linear plane that moves so fluidly. This game is actually going to be great for the story, while honestly D2 to me only had a story as an excuse to keep me walking through different areas killing different stuff...it was kind of inconsequential to me, didn't pull me in.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I would seriously expect them to. I mean, potions aren't even as necessary except for maybe boss fights, with the health globes that drop off mobs.

I already saw several awesome new skills on the Barb...it even looked like he took Paladin's Charge ability...another bad sign for Pally's likelihood of inclusion.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I really hope they get rid of lame skills that are RETARDED like Find Potion.
If you ever played mods like Zy-el, you should be thankful for that skill. Especially, Find Item. It has a chance of giving you Full Rejuvs. That way, you dont have to kill uniques or champions for them, that could end up killing you in a few hits.

Although Health Globes look reliable, the problem is in team battles. People will be fighting over them. And often will take them from the person who needs them most.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
look at the movements of the units in d3. can you still say its cool? it looks wow.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I still say it's cool. It's massively improved over D2, that's for damn sure. Sprites ftl.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you ever played mods like Zy-el, you should be thankful for that skill. Especially, Find Item. It has a chance of giving you Full Rejuvs. That way, you dont have to kill uniques or champions for them, that could end up killing you in a few hits.

Although Health Globes look reliable, the problem is in team battles. People will be fighting over them. And often will take them from the person who needs them most.
regardless those skills are useless.

I remember back in original diablo, when I used to use find potion and items as my main skills. Fun times lolol

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I just watched the trailer again. Diablo looks so badass. If he wasn't in the clip i wouldn't be half as interested as i currently am.