Diablo II Mod's for Diablo III

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, for a storyline, I think this is a really good one

A year after Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal were slain, peace reigned everywhere above ground. Though people don't know, a great war is raging in Hell. The Lesser Evils are trying to take over where the Prime Evils fell. Andariel and Duriel were revived, since they had no Soulstones. After the war ended, Azmodan, Belial, and other Lesser Evils took over Hell as a new evil called Great Evils. The Great Evils wanted Hell to be larged, so they decided to attack the Mortal Realm. The Great Evils were much more cunning than the Prime Evils, and they sought to destroy the greatest warriors first. When they got through the portal to Hell, they attacked the Pandemonium Fortress and captured Tyrael. They are now attacking everywhere in the Sanctuary, and a new band of heroes has risen up to attack back.

About 10 new Acts (for people who like larger games), and Act Bosses for every Act (obviously). There is a Diablo Clone, but it's actually a Diablo "clone" (a summoner or something).

So, what do you think?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Diablo II mods for Diablo III

Split the top idea from the other thread. Voided the rest. The old was just too full of spam and garbage. Old thread can be found here

Rules

1) Don't double post unless its needed due to the character limit.
2) Don't be an idiot, or I'll warn you.
3) I'm your new mod. Get used to it
4) If you post more than 2 stupid ideas, that are just "funny" I'll void them all. Post more than 5, and I'll warn you for spamming.
5) Don't spam
6) Don't spam with :OMG I LIKE THAT IRDEA!: -- This doesn't count as an actual contributing post. "Woa, I like that idea but this and this and this (where you fill in the this and this and this with suggestions)" does, however.
7) Don't be a jackass, or I'll warn you.
8) Follow all the other forum rules as needed.
9) Don't spam.

Discuss.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
oh man IM GLad YOU BROUGht IT UP!

Here's my story idea:

K, so after d2 when the hero killed baal and big d and all them, k, so when you said summoner that got me thinking, what tif the summoner from act 2 and all was actualyl your MERC like ur MERC in d2:lod was a bad guy, k, so when you kill bosses, like the merc channled the ancient evil spririts and then in the thrird game becomes an evil monster, like diablo but worse, maybe he has two heads or something, and when you kill him you get a sword, yeah a big flaming sword and then you habve too kill the other evil guys in a big dungeon or maybe a temple and if you dont the WORLD IS DOOMED

Xeno_Dragon69

Reaction score

Here's my story idea:

K, so after d2 when the hero killed baal and big d and all them, k, so when you said summoner that got me thinking, what tif the summoner from act 2 and all was actualyl your MERC like ur MERC in d2:lod was a bad guy, k, so when you kill bosses, like the merc channled the ancient evil spririts and then in the thrird game becomes an evil monster, like diablo but worse, maybe he has two heads or something, and when you kill him you get a sword, yeah a big flaming sword and then you habve too kill the other evil guys in a big dungeon or maybe a temple and if you dont the WORLD IS DOOMED
Well the "Channeling the evil through a hero host" already happened From 1 through 2 and when you say "ou get a big flamming sword to fight THE OTHER EVIL GUYS" who would The other Evil guys be?

My idea maybe (it's a stretch) Diablos son? Or when you killed Diablo suppose he went to hell......a different one....and breaks out? His Spirit has to go SOMEWHERE. Also when tyrael destroyed the Soul Stone he said the world would change but he didn't know how Maybe it brought Diablo back to life. You can't really have a game named Diablo 3 without Diablo...can you? :hbut
Maybe even a fourth brother...anyway my point is the possibilitys are endless.
I don't really see a Diablo 3 comming out anyway....

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The Diablo lore is already set. There is no 4th brother, Diablo has no son. There are two more lesser evils that have yet to have a part in the storyline. The overthrew Diablo Baal and Meph for control of hell, banishing them to the mortal plain.

choirboy125

Reaction score
Ya, I like the idea of the lesser evils coming into power, but I almost think that Duriel and Andariel wouldn't be bad@$$ enough to be the lead bosses. They could bring those other two lesser evils into play too, but I think that there should be more. A brand new character could arise from the shadows of hell. A story could easily be written that way. They could also bring into play the part about the worldstone since it was destroyed and nobody knew what effect it would have on the world. It could destroy the very fabric that holds the world appart from others. The mortal realm could start fusing with Hell, kind of like in the movie "Mortal Kombat: Anhialation". This could make for some interesting storylines.

P.S. Whoops, I posted reply rather than just replying. Newb move. Sorry.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
You know. Maybe Blizzard could make a game, in which your play the lesser evils, instead of a hero. :). So instead of fighting against hell, your a warrior of hell, trying to bring the lesser evils to rise, as dominance in Hell. Maybe splits the acts in between good or evil. Possibly, they could have it so that you can pick from the begining, and have mirrored storylines. This of course would leave plenty of oppurtunities for new characters (mostly evil) yet, it'd open up a whole lot more.

Online then they could just have evil and good. It would make PvP alot more interesting, maybe have it so that, if your good and you murder another good person, you lose a bit of your soul to the darker sides of human nature. Vice versa, they could make it the same way if your bad. It'd be interesting to put a bit more depth into the next game, so that maybe it wouldn't become a bot infested, borefest so easily? My opinion i have a few more ideas, but no time to put them up right now. Nite all. I'll check this tommorow and either edit or post the rest (depending on what people say).

Edit: Now looking over some othe rthreads i realize this ideas been mentioned. My bad. I'll now go off and die. :-D

cenarius2004

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I need some clarification on the latest happenings that have transpired in D2...

1. Exactly whos soulstones have been destroyed??

2. I know for a fact that Diablo's and Mephisto's soulstones were destroyed at the Hellforge... But what happened to Baal's soulstone.. did they have any specific reference to the particular event?

3. If the Prime Evils's soulstones were destroyed, what happens to the Prime Evils then?? Are they destroyed completely, or are they only banished from the mortal realm??

I would appreciate it if someone would give me some hint or part of Diablo I have missed!

Thanks

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
cenarius2004 said:
Honestly speaking, I need some clarification on the latest happenings that have transpired in D2...

1. Exactly whos soulstones have been destroyed??

2. I know for a fact that Diablo's and Mephisto's soulstones were destroyed at the Hellforge... But what happened to Baal's soulstone.. did they have any specific reference to the particular event?

3. If the Prime Evils's soulstones were destroyed, what happens to the Prime Evils then?? Are they destroyed completely, or are they only banished from the mortal realm??

I would appreciate it if someone would give me some hint or part of Diablo I have missed!

Thanks
Theres only 3 soulstones.. Meph, Diablo, and Baal.

You physically destroy meph's soulstone.. but you dont see diablo and Baal's being destroyed IN THE game.

I know they destroy Diablo's before going to Mt. Arret, not sure about Baal's but they probly do destroy them. There's been some talks about how Baal duplicated himself, and morphed into Tyrael to destroy Worldstone (cinematic in the end of the game)

And without soulstones = Prime Evils gone.

Anthownage

Reaction score
I really hope a Diablo III does come out and i hope they suprise us all with small loop holes in the previous story, to add to the next. After all Diablo story line is one of the best story lines ive ever played!!!!!!

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
CelestialBadger said:

Here's my story idea:

hell yea and you can have RUNESTONES

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
What they should do is have Baal create new soulstones for meph and diablo and ressurrect them, and then just create two new bosses. Easy storyline to base off of. You can say when the worldstone chamber was destroyed the power that was destroyed banished baals spirit back to hell. Then Baal was able to take physical form and he forged two new soulstones to reincarnate his brothers. Then you can take the two lesser evils and have them replace andy and duriel, and base new acts on them.

Jacks

Reaction score
Most of the ideas in this thread seemed like forced ideas. If/When D3 comes out, it's probably going to be some ingenious idea that's quite obvious, cunning, and we didn't expect. Naturally we're going to fret over how we missed it, but nevertheless it's going to be good. But honestly, soulstones are gems. When gems break you can't reforge them. No more reforging of soulstones plots, they're just plain ridiculous, I mean think about it, really.

I don't know personally I hope it's a great suprise that none of us expect when it comes out. If Blizzard is working on it right now I wish they'd work harder on it, I want to see it, and I know all you do too.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Jacks said:
Most of the ideas in this thread seemed like forced ideas. If/When D3 comes out, it's probably going to be some ingenious idea that's quite obvious, cunning, and we didn't expect. Naturally we're going to fret over how we missed it, but nevertheless it's going to be good. But honestly, soulstones are gems. When gems break you can't reforge them. No more reforging of soulstones plots, they're just plain ridiculous, I mean think about it, really.

I don't know personally I hope it's a great suprise that none of us expect when it comes out. If Blizzard is working on it right now I wish they'd work harder on it, I want to see it, and I know all you do too.
If you can't reincarnate Diablo through soulstones how else would you do it? Why play a game called Diablo 3 if you don't fight Diablo? I like Hanni's idea about Tyrael knowing the powers of the soulstones and how he could have possibly been corrupted by the worldstone so he reforged a stone to bring back Diablo.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Tall N White said:
If you can't reincarnate Diablo through soulstones how else would you do it? Why play a game called Diablo 3 if you don't fight Diablo?
There is no question about it : Diablo III MUST have Diablo in it. I agree with you 110%. I feel the only logical way for Diablo to return with with some type of influence by Tyrael, but maybe there are other ways. Perhaps Belial and Azmodon would need to summon him for some purpose.