Diablo 3 Dueling Idea

TraNce

Member!
Reaction score
I think they should make it so that you can duel and put items up for grabs based on the winner of the duel. That would add a whole new concept to the game.

dark-blade8000

Member!
Reaction score
Hmm pretty good but you can't just make them drop a good item like that! Each person whos gonna duel can put an item or items to gamble. If tthe person who made a bet loses He instantly loses the item and it gets transfered to the winners inventory.

Talosxii

Reaction score
very nice idea. they should expand the inventory system they have though for something like that cause the stash just doesn't hold enough and higher level characters gambling that way would have alot of room taken up in their inventory. I think that they should make something called a lair or something so that anything you find or buy and want to keep you can put it in like this small castle or a large room for keeps. I think that doing that would really help to progress the game and the idea of gambling

Danimal

Reaction score
I like the idea of putting up a wager for a duel. Thay should add stuff like mini gambleing games in D3. hope its alot more expanded, kinda like an rpg aspect. be kool if you could duel anywhere but have to find that person in sted of just hostiling him.

L

Laharl

I think that dueling, hostiling should be limited to certain areas. *dueling is questionable*. Each person should have to hostile the other to be able to fight just anywhere, but if you enter the "dueling place" it should automatically hostile both of you to each other.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I personally think you should be able to kill anyone at anytime, regardless of dueling or not. I mean, come on, if an Amazon is shooting a billion multi's, and a sorc is standing right next to her, all those arrows just magically go through her?

Right

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
TraNce said:
I think they should make it so that you can duel and put items up for grabs based on the winner of the duel. That would add a whole new concept to the game.
This my friend is a great idea. My friends and i have talked about something like this since 09. And let the NPC who holds the gear decide what is of equal value. Like if i put up storm,the other person will need to put up occy lets say.Also you could decline the duel if that player didnt have something you actually needed or wanted. The only problem we saw with this was being jumped by another player in a legit 1v1 duel. Something would have to be done with the hostile system as big-fat-homo said. Both players would have to hostile each other for this system to work.Plus this would help eliminate the dumbass duelers that run out and shoot two arrows or cast 1 orb and run back onto the bridge.

Reaction score
i like this idea, but wut wuld be also cool is if the game itself automatically put a random item in the winners box, if both contestants accepted the contest.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
What souless said, honestly, the idea is good, but it would never work in global level, it would take hours to just to prepare for the dueling, put up item etc etc..

it should be just like way it is in MMORPGs.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there should be some kinda "tournament NPC" for this idea...like, you talk to the npc, and it gives a box to put any item in, and there must be 2 ppl doing this at the same time, they each put up an item, (kinda like a trade screen) and if it looks good to them, they accept, the items then go off there character and into the npc, then they duel, first to die by the other peson (dieing from traps, other enemies, etc, doesnt count though) wins, goes back to the npc, and talks to her/him, and gets both items.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
That could be easily abused due to the fact that you could have someone with a billion PSN dmg to hit char A once, then char B hits char A, and effectivly "kills" player A, getting player B's item while doing none of the work. Although there are tons of ways to fix that.

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Sounds good. Maybe they could add like tournements. Like 1st place = uhh, soj or tyreals or i dunno. Hosted by blizzard or somthing. Kinda like warcraft, but with items as prizes.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I highly doubt blizzard would do that. Maybe a title, or something that distinguished your character, but I doubt they'de put their own flux on the market.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
SouLeSS said:
I personally think you should be able to kill anyone at anytime, regardless of dueling or not. I mean, come on, if an Amazon is shooting a billion multi's, and a sorc is standing right next to her, all those arrows just magically go through her?

Right
That has the potienal to be a very good idea and very bad. It could get VERRRY annoying if you don't mean to kill them but backstabbing would be so much fun :). The "Dueling Arena" is a bad idea IMO. Bowazon with knockback>joo. Melee characters would never win.

Reaction score
I think it would be cool to have sort of like a house but you don't actually sleep in it. Like the lair idea. You could put items in you'r stash in the house and you can like buy an NPC and name it and stuff and put items in the screen to sell for a certain amount of gold or trade for only a certain item in like a drop-down menu.

DiabloBarbPro

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
They should definantly be a hostile button. Because everyone knows that there will be noobs coming in trying to kill every single person just to piss em off

FrankGulp

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
No.. Blizzard is amazing. Their games make history. I wouldn't say that