Diablo 3 Character List

TheNecro

Reaction score
My List of Diablo 3 Characters

Full Alchemist
-Summoning
-Elemental
-Rejuvanation
That would be so cool to have a character that can heal, use elemental skills, and summon. It would be a full package character.

Samauri/Ninja
-Sword/Combat Skills
-Elemental
-Auras
A Samauri/Ninja would be a great addition to the game. Unlike the Barbarian a Samauri/Ninja would have skills with weopons and swiftness like the Assasin. The Samauri/Ninja would be really fast and would do heavy damage with its weapons. It would be cool if they had Boshido Blades.

Mechanic
-Tech Skills
-Creation Skills
-
Mechanics would be something new to Diablo. It would probably be really complicated to make one and the damage wouldn't be that great, then again if you did build them maybe they would be a fun character. But how would the mana work? Maybe it would take mana to make the machines. He would kinda be like a summoner but would use machines instead.

*Metallist*
-Offensive
-Defensive
This would be the coolest of them all. It would be awsome if you could control metal. Like you could raise it out of the ground like a liquid then have it grip your enemy and harden to grip them. Or to form balls of metal and launch them at your opponent. There would be so many possibilities with them. It would kinda be like playing as Magneto, but on Diablo. Whenever you are surrounded and your losing health you could have the metal shape you and make a full body armor with like 300%+ Defense.

Wizard
-Elemental
-Summoning
-Spells
The one thing I hated was when you picked the Sorc you had 3 choices: Fire, Cold, and Lightning. The bad thing was there were to many skills. The Wizard will have Fire, Ice, Lighning, and Wind in on category. He will also have teleport. Then he'll have another catagory of just summons. And then another for speels.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Possibly because Katana's small knives/swords would be more appealing to some people as a weapon o choice for a certain character as ninja or samurai then a large sword you would see a barbarian using. That's my opinion though.

Dark Knight
- Dark Magic
- Black Training
- Doomsday

Typically, this would be somewhat an opposite to the Paladin, but also not. Dark Magic will consisit of all the magic of the dark element that can be utilized by the Dark Knight. Spells would include a life-stealing spells, spells to amplify damage, and spells to weaken others while increasing your own strength.

Black Training would be for all the passive skills he has. A basic damage uping skill, a skill to add damage as well as dark elemental damage to two handed swords, scythes, and polearms. Essentially, the Dark Knight will use two-handed weapons a lot.

Doomsday would be like the Assassins martial arts, except they would have better side-effects, and it would take you to get damaged for them to be used. So the more you're hit, the more you can use from the Doomsday skilltree.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I would love to see a darker side of Diablo, so in doing so, almost all (if not all) my character ideads are a more or less take the characters now, throw them into hell, wait for a few years and see what ya get kind of additude. So far what I could come up with is:

Fallen (Undead Paladin)
Elementalist (Sorc + Necromancer = Elementalist Baby)
Weapons Master (A heavily skilled Barb type, not just brute with a weapon)
Minion Master (uses whipclass weapons to change enemy allience to fight for you)
Ranger (uses a bow for long range, and duel weapons for close combat)
Spirit (Assassin shadow, only highly resistent to physical damage)
Warlock (A sorc, but uses earth, poison, water)
Doppelganger (Change into any non Unique enemy on screen)

On a slightly lighter side of things....

Champion (A Pally in essence, helps out partied players)
Cleric (Blesses and heals fellow fighters)
Angelics (who else to help fight minions of hell, but, angels)
Breed ( half human, half demon, all badass)
Hunters (keeps demons from attacking, by trapping them)
Gypsy ( uses mental powers, like telekinesis, combustion, mind wipe)
Striker (uses hand to hand martial arts, hates weapons)

Steel101

Member!
Reaction score
Let's see, some common ones of course.You can see most of these in other threads that I've posted in, but I'd like to make them more organized

Alchemist
- Transmute
- Potion Arts
- Gamble Arts

Transmute could be skills that let you change items into other items, kind of like the Horadric Cube. You'd cast a spell (let's say a spell called "Magic Transmute") and you'd select a Magical item (like when your identifying something) and it changes the item so that it has different mods, but it's the same kind of item.So you could have a Double Axe with the mod 31% Enhanced Damage and you could Transmute it into a Double Axe with the mod 5 Poison Damage over blank time.

Potion Arts would give a meaning to attacking potions. You would have to equip a potion and cast a spell like,let's say, "Shockwave Potion". You would throw the potion and it'd make the shockwave effect in a nova-type form.Then you could have like,healing potions. Throw a potion and it creates the effect of Holy Bolt.

Gamble Arts would be kind of fun. You could have an ability called like, Gamble Gem, then you would select a gem in your inventory and it would either go up one level or go down one level (won't go down if Chipped, vice versa with perfect). Or you could have the ability Gamble Weapon, where you could gamble with,for example, a magical sword. If you succeed, it upgrades into a rare one. If not,it downgrades into a Normal.If already Normal,it could downgrade into a Cracked or Low Quality. If you don't succeed again, it could get destroyed. Uniques could go to Sets,etc.

Ninja
- Throwing Arts
- Shadow Arts
- Steal

Throwing Arts would be abilities that would have to do with like, Throwing Knives and etc. You would have to equip a knife into like, an all new throwing area in inventory. First level skills would be like, more damage and elemental. Then (and I can picture this) you could get an ability called like, Split Knife. When you throw it and it connects, it'd split into 2 more, and those would split into 2 more for every level(s).

Shadow Arts would be like Shadow Disciples, but not like Shadow Master or anything. You could have the ability to turn invisible and move faster, but go back to normal when you attack (like Wind Walk on Wc3).

Steal. What fun this could be. Of course, it wouldn't work on other players. You could select an ability (let's say Steal Weapon) and you would select either an NPC or enemy.If you select an NPC, you would choose an item to steal and you would have a chance to steal it. If you select a monster, it'd just have the chance to steal and you'd get a random item (depending on MF and skill level)

Monk
- Staff Arts
- Fist Arts
- Monk Arts

Monks could be one of my favorite chars. Staff Arts could consist of skills with a new kind of Staff that deals more damage than normal staves. There could be like, Fire Staff (deals fire damage) or Nova Staff (attack an enemy and it has a chance of casting a nova). It'd be like having % to cast on striking skills, but all on one staff.

Fist Arts. Own a level 90 with bare knuckles. There would be skills like Jab with fists, or like a Shockwave fist attack. Much fun.

Monk Arts could be like auras, but only for you. There could be increased speed or something.

Machinist
- Summon Machine
- Metal Skills
- Blacksmith

Summon Machine. It's pretty clear on what this does. You could create machines (like Assassin traps) that would follow you around. They wouldn't have like, machine guns or anything, but would have like axes and crossbows.Flamethrowers would be nice too. You could also only have one or two of that type only. So you could have only like, 2 Flamethrowers but also have like, 2 Crossbows.

Metal Skills would be skills that use items to increase stats on your machines or to give you abilities. Say you found a normal Short Sword on the ground. You could use the ability "Meld Weapon" on a machine to give it increased damage, or you can use it to make a short metal spike to shoot out of the ground.

Blacksmith would be the most popular skill around. If you find a magical sword with a mod you want, you could take the mod out and transfer half of the mod power to another item (Short Sword with 20% Enhanced Damage would transfer 10% Enhanced Damage to a Double Axe).Or you could take the mods on a Gem or Rune.

I'm going to make full skill trees for these later on a different thread. Yay.

Talosxii

Reaction score
This isn't so much a character idea as it is an idea for what to look for when making a character. Ok. Different characters in the series so far have come from different lands. How about if they took the description of the environments mentioned and some others then calculated what types of classes would exist there and be unique to that area. Say if you wanted to have an amazon, well they were nomadic but still no single tribe traveled the entire world probably so what if you could pick a certain class and could choose from a list of environments they would have been used to. u could then in theory have 2 amazons with 2 almost completely different skill sets cause their environment forced them to use different strategies in war-fare.

Also, i know this has been mentioned in other threads but i think that certain classes should not be gender specific while others should be, but who am i to tell blizzard what to do. they have made a great series so far

Reaction score
my picks would have to be ninja, monk, wizard/summoner, possibly a dragon like class(dragon rider, dragon stalker, etc) and the ability to choose a different race, tht would be really cool, and encorperating special bilities to each race, have 4 different races. human, celestial, half demon/dhammpir, and half-dragon. if blizzard did that but stayed with the original diablo style gamming, go kill mephisto, kill diablo, kill this, kill that, etc. that would be really cool. at first i thought to have half demons/dhammpirs and half dragons fighting against the celestials and humns but that would be to muchlike WoW. nd i will come up with some special bonus's for each race later and some clss specifics bit later too.