DIABLO 3 at E3, IGN lets slip

freeid

Reaction score
Over at IGN recently they have been trying to flog E3 sneak peek subscriptions. In amongst all the advertising stuff there was this animated advert for there service.

http://ads.ign.com/advertisers/cp/e3_06/E3_300x250.swf?

if you keep an eye on the third line down there is a name allot of people have been wondering about. Although not exactly proof of a forthcoming Diablo 3 showing at E3 it is certainly interesting.

L

Laharl

Isn't that just like them, though? Focus so heavily on their one bad series, while neglecting the others.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Sad panda indeed :( Gosh I hope the second link is ..untrue :p Still NWN 2 and Halo 3..=D

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Isn't that just like them, though? Focus so heavily on their one bad series, while neglecting the others.
Yeah, the Warcraft series IMO is very overrated. The graphics are childish and the gameplay is the same as 1924 other games. I hope they are just using the money generated from Warcraft to create StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. Once they release those games, everyone from Warcraft will be migrating back.

Anyways, If D3 truly isn't at E3 this year, I will guarentee it's announcement at Blizzcon or earlier this year.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Lol that second link is....weird..

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe IGN is covering it up... Maybe Blizzard told them to shut their mouths so they can be the first ones to announce it, because I know for a fact, when Diablo 3 is announced, it will be HUGE, and Blizzard will want to be first.

Nevertheless, hopefully Blizzard at least talks about production of Diablo 3 at E3. I mean, it's GOT to be in production, even though everything known about it is just a rumor, especially with all the pressure from fans recently.

1. Domain registration
2. New Diablo trademark
3. 1500+ new servers
4. Job opportunities for those behind Diablo I and II
5. Music recording rumor
6. Numerous small leaks

Blizzard needs to finish with their fascination with Warcraft and begin working on something new.

BLAH

Tiznit

Member!
Reaction score
I liked how it is phrased though, they "have no intentions to show D3 at E3." Not that they are not working on D3, but they aren't going to be showing it at E3...there is hope!

Shadow_Drifter

Member!
Reaction score
What Feargus Urquhart (CEO Obsidian) says is true... once a company makes an MMO thats more or less it for the company.

While i was skeptical about it, ultimately it seems true. Another reason to hate WoW.

Obviously the whole staff wont be working WoW but a large chunk is.

I was really hoping for a D3 at E3 this year, that game would slug the crap outta WoW but i guess for this year at least i will need to be content with NwN 2.

Hell with D3 not "officially" announced maybe some ingenous modders could make a D3 scenario with the new NwN 2 toolset? that would be interesting,

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Although it wasn't their first game WC is what got them the respect they have from gamers, of course they will put more focus on it. Oh and WC>SC.

Hanni said:
Yeah, the Warcraft series IMO is very overrated. The graphics are childish and the gameplay is the same as 1924 other games.
You've obviously not played many stratagy games.

At least there is still the chance D3 is being worked on.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
E3 06 said:
Diablo 3 has indeed been in the works, but it has been revamped as a "stealth-based demon avoiding rpg". In response to concerns that this new style of play might scare away gamers who enjoyed the intense mouseclick-heavy combat mechanic of the first two games, Blizzard assauged our fears by explaining that you will need to constantly click your character to stay hidden in Diablo 3.

This whole thing just seems like another awkward moment for blizzard, like sc:g.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It's called sarcasm.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is insignificant, but according to GameSpy, Diablo 3 is to be announced 2006.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/
They also show StarCraft 2 on their TBA list.
http://www.gamespy.com/company/025/025125.html

Also, according to GameStats, they set the release date as 12/31/06. I think this just means that they think Blizzard will announce the game within that amount of time.
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/714/714955/

And as I said before, I'm pretty sure this is insignificant information, but you never know.

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
Is it at all possible that Blizzard could surprise us on Friday at E3 with the revelation of Diablo III? Or what? They already made one big annoucement (the new WoW races), why not have another big one?

Just tryin' to keep the hope up as much as possible.