Deathnote

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
*SPOILERS*

I can't remember if we've discussed this already, or if it was just in one of our BF chatz. But i just finished the series. And i'm pretty happy with the ending. As much as it sucked that L died, Mellow and Near were pretty well done. They were the two sides of L, with Mellow obviously being the emotional side (Remember when L kicked Light in the face oh so many times?) and Near being the quiet and pensive side. And in the end they had to work together to bring Kira down. I did like how L died, i'm glad Light didn't get the satisfaction of doing it himself, and having to get Rem to kill L just shows how untouchable L really was.

Light died, FINALLY. The series was almost dragging on. Even though Matsuda shot him three or four times, Ryuuk still finished the job (Hell he probably wrote down for Matsuda to shoot him so he'd die faster). I personally would've liked to have seen the aftermath of Kira's death on the world.

I really liked Deathnote. It's an original and intelligent anime. I recommended it to a friend who hasn't ever seen anime and he loved it, he actually finished watching it before i did. Took him three days to chug it down. I know a lot of you didn't like Deathnote, care to share why? I thought it was really well done.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
the show was mediore. I just liek it for the random screen shots

punchy

Member!
Reaction score
death note is not mediocre, the quality of the series is that of an anime movie, the drawings and effects are superb, and the story is one of the best in anime as well imo.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Death Note should have stopped after L. It all went downhill from there.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
It should have stopped before it was ever made. I tried to like it. I watched from start to a few episodes in, but I couldn't do it. It was absolutely terrible and it has one of the worst ****ing openings I've ever heard. It's easiest the worst anime that has EVER been aired on Adult Swim. I'll never give the manga a chance cause if the anime is terrible it's most likey close to that.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
death note is not mediocre, the quality of the series is that of an anime movie, the drawings and effects are superb, and the story is one of the best in anime as well imo.
Quality animation does not = good anime. The story is different but over all predictable. Even if it wasn't predictable it wasn't shocking either.