Damn Map Stealers!!!

KOolicaNe

Member!
Reaction score
OMG! I JUST MADE A MAP!!!!!!!!!
and sum1 stole it already!
FRIKEN @$$H0LES WITH UNPROTECTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant friken make thier own map!
FRIKEN MR_Potato!!!!!!!!\
If u go to this site i wanan tell u one thing
GET A LIFE

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What did you protect your map with?

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
Well, if you don't want people to steal your map, don't distribute it.

Magikarp

Reaction score
Then whats the point of making a map in the first place? You should make a map, then be smart by protecting it with the most secure protector.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
The point of making one is to entertain people. I don't bother protecting most of my maps because 1: they're mostly crap and 2: people can bypass all the protection methods currently known. Why even bother? Some people could probably learn a few tricks from looking at my godawful triggers, then maybe there wouldn't be so many morons on b.net. Maybe some people make maps for recognition and such, but I don't. I, like most people, like to have fun.

Wow, that rant sucked.

Magikarp

Reaction score
oH. So what you meant to say was that "Well, dont distribute your map if you expect that people wont steal it."

Actually, PROEdit is a pretty good protector that I use.. it can be broken, but only manually (And very few people can do this). SCU does not have the capability to unprotect PROEdit.

If you used GUEdit to protect your map, then yea, Im not surprised.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Don't distribute your map. I'd only play an awesome map - that i made - with friends. Mainly from BF.

Magikarp

Reaction score
Yea.. Starforge's protector is a bit.. defunct, lol. I strongly urge you to use PROEdit, its the best protector (Other than manual protection).

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by exobyte
The point of making one is to entertain people. I don't bother protecting most of my maps because 1: they're mostly crap and 2: people can bypass all the protection methods currently known. Why even bother? Some people could probably learn a few tricks from looking at my godawful triggers, then maybe there wouldn't be so many morons on b.net. Maybe some people make maps for recognition and such, but I don't. I, like most people, like to have fun.

Wow, that rant sucked.
I agree, map protection is just dumb. I mean if the point is to entertain people, why release it in the first place? If you don't protect it, it only adds to its popularity... Yeah you do hard work, but it's for ENTERTAINING people, if it was for money I would agree, but if it's free well... it's free! The only reason I would protect maps is because it compresses the map size so it's faster to download... And if your thinking about the people who steal maps... do you really think you will be famous? So what if a handful of people know you made a map, do you really think after a week they will play it? Move on people... You have to realize 99% of bnet AREN'T total ****heads... maybe most, but some people aren't.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
I actually think leaving your map unprotected gets you more "fame" than having it protected. People open it, look at the confusing triggers, but then later on gets it. They will remember you for creating such a fun map with such confusing triggers.[speaking from experience]
I don't want to be famous throughout Battle.net by SC addicts... That's a freaky fame to be known for.
But I also disagree with people going into maps, then saving it under their credit without giving any credit to anyone else...

KOolicaNe

Member!
Reaction score
well i think dats true
cause if i sumit it here then u ppl will know dat i made the map
and so will other ppl in my realm. + People will get to know the trigger so many ppl will play it and say THIS IS BULLSH1T JUST BULLSh1T :)

goldsunny1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well....i use a little known protector called maplock1.?.im sure it has a backdoor on it because of the person that made it but i dont really care.proedit is very nice to use.i hear there is a new one out there now by togi.

i would only test by myself or with trusted ppl.

annddd i usually protect my maps cause i dont need newbs stealing them. if you want to learn the triggers ask for the map. thats how a learned... i knew little about triggers and got some help.eventually the guy gave me one of his maps to look at

Oni-Sei

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battlforums.com
It is true If u look at some good map u will notice it is very good and some are not protected but then again movie maps are funny then theres Tux's "KILL ME" map that is basicly godly
then again good maps are hard to come by
(kid of strieded off the subject there but anyway....)
Just get a good map protector or find the newb that stole your map and in evry map make a joke on how much u hate people that steal your maps(then again it might lead to more stealing of maps) but anyway its funny to watch movies
(ok im doen wasting your time now)

Ph33r t3h 1337

jimchu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright, first off when you unprotect a map, you cant get the triggers, accept in a seperate text file which puts them in jass code. Second, thats total bs, about you only being famous for one week. I know you guyz specialize in dumb maps that took you an hour to make, but when you spend 20 hours+ on a map, you want recognition. Ex. TheCorporal and Undeadbudgies map ff open 4.0& 4.1 has at least 2 games going when you logged into bnet. Also, Waugriff is very well known. Rpgs, are adicting, take a long ass time to make, and i dont want some jackass noob stealing my work that i worked so hard to make, so therefore i protect it.

Alton

Member!
Reaction score
Website
macsc.net
I completly agree. Map protecting is dumb, but so is stealing maps. So if you make a great map, post it on YOUr website under YOUR name and you play the map with YOUR name on it more then mr_photato, then the stolen map will never get out! So don't worry.

F

friendless

Last time I checked the point of playing starcraft is initially to "HAVE FUN" just like a game... why? Cause starcraft is a game, not a life. When you make a map think about what your doing... are you making the map for simply the fact of you can get "FAME" or are you making it to broaden the starcraft community by supplying ideas, thoughts, helping other people, and making it all together a better experience for every player. If you chose fame I dont think you should be playing starcraft in the first place. I'm sure most people here like to 'Mess' or 'Fiddle' with other peoples triggers and learn on a first-hand experience on how to make maps and tweak with things. I personnaly have had count-less popular maps stolen from me with no credit for me. However, I dont care. What I do care thou is that they protected it, I left the maps unprotected to help teach other players how to create maps with a large variety of comments to supply information on what does what. I'd rather have a better gaming experience rather than have " FAME " cause I know personnally that I did... sure its a great feeling when you brag and say you made a map but c'mon, the people that brag are map stealers and probley know very little, if they want to steal the map let them, they are going to remain incompetent.

Alright, first off when you unprotect a map, you cant get the triggers, accept in a seperate text file which puts them in jass code. Second, thats total bs, about you only being famous for one week. I know you guyz specialize in dumb maps that took you an hour to make, but when you spend 20 hours+ on a map, you want recognition. Ex. TheCorporal and Undeadbudgies map ff open 4.0& 4.1 has at least 2 games going when you logged into bnet. Also, Waugriff is very well known. Rpgs, are adicting, take a long ass time to make, and i dont want some jackass noob stealing my work that i worked so hard to make, so therefore i protect it.
Alright mr. smartass, know what you're talking about before you talk... that varys on what kind of protection the person used to protect, most protection methods are weak and are easy to bypass either by running a program like a scriptkiddy or hex'ing it yourself. I especially like your usage in the word " noob " and " you guys are dumb " shows you're really bright there. Look, good for you if you protect your map have fun... but who would play a map from a guy who can't even spell half way decent anyway...