D3 online game patch discussion

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Now I haven't played D2 LOD as of lately, but when I did Blizzard kept interupting the gaming process by adding new patches because they thought some people were getting too powerful and Blizzard was trying to stop hacks because of complaints about items not being fairly traded and what not. Do you people think D3 should use these patches later on if the game gets too crazy? Or do you think Blizzard should create a server that is not acceptable to hacks? (this is assuming the game is coming out)

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I remember when they said Diablo II was unhackable. I laughed when I first read that. Nothing is unhackable.

stephen149

Member!
Reaction score
They will have some sort of anti-cheat system that will work much better than Diablo 2's. And the patches will be a good thing because that means lots of new content and anti-cheat updates.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
well i know there isnt a high chance for a hack free server i was just saying it to spark some conversation.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Unfortunitlly their will always be someone out their trying to get as much as they can for very little to no work. I can't say I'm not to blame since I have used Maphack, but, I dislike the fact that some of these hacks destroy alot of the hard work some of the people go threw to get the things they have, just to loose it all in seconds.

This will never change unfortunitly, their will always be PKers and always be a backdoor to Hacks in any game that allows character to character combat and trading of gear.

One of the reasons I don't play the pay to play games is do to this. I don't want to spend money to maybe get pissed off that someone can hack my stuff, or character.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Eh, hacking can be fun in some ways, but it can kinda ruin the game. IMO, there will almost certainly be an anti-cheat thing.