Curse:underated?

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
a unit missing 33% of the time is the same thing as they do 33% less damage. This is basically a defensive bloodlust, minus the 7 percent. But hey, it doesnt cost that much and its ur first spell.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
33% chance to miss is like having 33% more life if you curse an entire army. But I would use them to possess other units more than the cursing. Especially when they can dispel it or use spell breakers to infect your units with it.

It is indeed an underrated spell, but it still has a few obvious drawbacks.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Possesion > Curse

I recently wet back and re-did the undead campaign on TFT and Banshees are GOD. Curse AND Posession.

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
i think possesion only takes 2 seconds on the undead campaign....i dunno y, maybe it wants you to use more banshees or something. O yea charm is AWESOME on the "Kill the last dreadlord" mission, i mass frosties, they mass knights and get dwarves, and syvanas hordes up thier frostwyrms that they always make.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Curse is good for the obvious reasons and that it is cheap, lasts a long 120 seconds and it's great on heroes or costly units.

The problem comes when you have anticasters of course.

With AMS, put in on heroes and maybe on Aboms, stats, fiends. If he's going panda or chainwave, you'll need this.

Finally, possession is great, but banshees need protection. Perhaps you should get a scroll or maybe get a stun hero.

I liked using her when I played WC3 a while ago. But then necros are hard to resist...

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Well, you can use impale's stun effect to add some delay. You will definitely need aboms to protect them. Also, the raider's ensare is a cheap channel breaker considering a unit can use it. One net cuts off possession, also you lose 250 mana for trying to channel the spell. That is, if the raiders aren't killed or taken over. Either that, or just carry siege weapons and use them on banshees to stop thier possession. But before you attempt to Possess, try to AMS some of your men.