Cow level doesn't start

T

Terminator

Hey guys!I recently purchased Diablo 2, and patched it to 1.10.The problem, well, The cow level doesn't start. I've got the Wirt's leg, and the tome of town portal in the cube.But whenever I click on the transmute button, all my character says is that "I can't use this yet".Any help is appreciated.:scary

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You have already made the portal, and someone has killed the king who hadn't already done so, or in 1.10's case you have made the portal and gone through it period.

a1steaksauce

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or u gotta beat baal on the diff u r trying it in

T

Terminator

Uhhh....I'm trying this "Cow level" first time, I haven't been hacked, and I don't have LOD installed [I only have the Diablo 2, without the expansion].
So Baal is in LOD, right?Or tell me something I'm really missing.Like...I've completed all difficulties with the necromancer.

And where do you post difficulties in modding?I'm new to this "forum" thingy,ya know?

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
make sure you killed diablo. make sure u have a full tome (20) of town portal. BE VERY SURE U WERE NEVER INVOLVED OR CLOSE TO SOMEONE THAT KILLED THE COW KING! than you will never be able to open portal again ( by yourself you can still go in and ruin it for other by killing king :) )

DrKronic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.afterlife.ws
ok contrary to m3_feeling_own3d belieafs here is the down on the cow lvl:
a) if you are a maker ( person that makes red cow portal)
do not kill king if you havent killed king before and u decide u
want to for the first time u should do it a private game
B) if you have killed the king before or u cant make that means
that you can kill the king safely with out ruinging it for other ppl
C) in no way can a person that killed the king in prevouse ppl
known as king killers can it affect a maker
D)in 1.10 it aint worth cowing period unless for mf purpose

T

Terminator

DrKronic is right.
I did find the portal.My necroskeletons did a good and a bad job.
Good-protected me.
Bad-Killed Cow King.
Now I have to make another character to access it.
AND, you don't get experience "quickly" in 1.10.You can of course change this by changing experience granted by the cows in "monstats.txt", but it is not recommended.

DrKronic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.afterlife.ws
that only affects open bnet try it on closed and u will get the same exp as before hell if it was that easy ppl would do it

T

Terminator

1]Look, as far as I know, if you are playing only Diablo 2,[without expansion], you need to kill diablo.[Last level].
2]Then, "in the same difficulty", go back to rogue's camp via waypoints.
3]Then, put the tome of town portal and the wirt's leg in the horadric cube, click transmute.A red portal will open in the camp from where you can access the cow level.

In case you have LOD installed, and you are playing the "expansion character", then you have to kill baal.[complete all 5 acts].Then do the same thing mentioned above,[steps nos. 2 & 3].
Everything else related to cow level is mentioned in the previous replies.It works in single player.I don't play multiplayer and hence have not tested it yet.
I hope this is VERY CLEAR now.