Countering Warden and DH

Krasi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi I'm a rather Human player but i have a large problem countering Night Elves using Warden, Dh. The guy i play with is a hardcore NE player we duel often and it's for now 25-24 for him :( can somebody help me witha strat or guide (which, hero units etc) When he rushes me and i have foots and a hero, and he uses his warden to kill my peas i'm all fu%^&en red I'd the NE so plz help me counter him I need to win. I treid footies with defend but they are too slow. AoE spells work but he dodges them Plz hlp m8s I'm asking the l33t humans :)

Kaldaris: How bout we not use excessive pointless smilies? Ok?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krasi
Hi I'm a rather Human player but i have a large problem countering Night Elves using Warden, Dh. The guy i play with is a hardcore NE player we duel often and it's for now 25-24 for him :( can somebody help me witha strat or guide (which, hero units etc) When he rushes me and i have foots and a hero, and he uses his warden to kill my peas i'm all fu%^&en red I'd :shoot the NE :lucifer so plz help me counter him I need to win :fencing. I treid footies with defend but they are too slow. AoE spells work but he dodges them Plz hlp m8s I'm asking the l33t humans :)
It truly depends on what they get. I would always get some rifles and knights to rip up archers. Against the Warden or DH use triple hero AOE nuke. First what you do is you get three heros (preferrably lvl 2 and higher): Blood Mage, MK, Arch Mage.

-First you use Banish on the opposing hero, slowing him to a crawl.

-Next you use the MK to stun him with storm bolt (does extra damage because of etheral).

-Next you use the Blood Mage to Flame strike him.

-Finally you use the Arch Mage to blizzard him.

After this whole ordeal, he should be almost dead. A single storm bolt should knock him out.

Krasi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thx a lot m8 will try it out tomorrow :lucifer any help more??
BTW he uses huntresses and archers only rarely hippos and hipp riders

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krasi
Thx a lot m8 will try it out tomorrow :lucifer any help more??
BTW he uses huntresses and archers only rarely hippos and hipp riders
AOE is your only hope against archers + hunts. Archers are countered by knights, hunts are countered by rifles. Always get casters.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Looks like somewhere in there you said something about peasants getting killed by warden..Since by the time of hero rush you should have a hero..(MK would be nice) and a few footies.. just go after the hero, militia a few (Not all unless urgent) peasants if you have too.. Some players like to build a tower immediately and up to magic tower to seal off the sides of their mine with a farm to make it more compact and harder to move around.

Hunts are SHREDDED by rifles, especially if upped. Having a few footmen defend to kill archers is good early, otherwise knights are nice..But to be truthful sorc/priest/rifle can usually take care of both.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Serial Thriller
Hunts are SHREDDED by rifles, especially if upped. Having a few footmen defend to kill archers is good early, otherwise knights are nice..But to be truthful sorc/priest/rifle can usually take care of both.
Footman defend does not work against hunts. Hunts will rip up footies. Knights + Rifles (for pieircing) will work fine. You should also put some mortars in...because those do siege and that is good against Unarmored Hunts.

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Early Game... Mk, Late Game... BM. BM with Pheonix and Banish rule, focus fire your Pheonix to do loads of damage ot thier banished unit. MK's storm bolt can be cast 3 times at level one, thats 300 damage to the 550/575 hp warden/dh.

Krasi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thx Rifles+Knights work g00dly Mk kicks ass :) I got a team of 5 knight,4 rifles, MK and 2 mortars and i smashed his ass twice :) Thx a lot l33t.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
I know Footies die to Hunts but this is all you pretty much have in Tier 1. I know defend only works on piercing thats why i said send them in to kill Archers that or provide brief meat shields for the rifles to kill hunts. Assuming rush happens in Tier 1, you're going to have to work with footies.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, but I would quickly tech up to rifles. Footies are only good for early rushes or creeping. After tier 2 they become free XP.

shadowknightz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
w
ALWAYS build 3 barracks if you go footman at first and rifles later cuz u can pump them out sooooo fast :) :) :) :) :)

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Footies produce -so- fast that you only need one rax. About the time you get up to Rifles is a good time to build a second. About this time you have the resources to build two at once and continue to upgrade, etc.

shadowknightz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
w
still u can make way more with 3 rax. And if ur going to build rifles later you can make them really fast. Plus it allows you to make way more units to help out your attacking units or to defend your base

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't build 3 barracks'. I would build 2 at most because footies suck. You won't use a barracks forever, you will become more dependent on tier 2/3 buildings.

Krasi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yah that is right 2x rax is max if u want to mass rifles or knights cause footies suck. I rather depend on spellcasters now. When i Poly my enemies troops and he doesn't have dispelers he's like WTF dude and he leaves game if i like poly his 7 taurents :D AM + MK Rox :)

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Against nightelf heroes,use Mountain King(versus Demon Hunter) or Blood Mage(vs Warden,Keeper of the grove,Priestess of the Moon),you may have less difficluties and you dont seem to very good,that's why use MK

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Night Elves < Rifles for the most part. If your peasants get killed by shadow strike of fan of knives-- then you don't micro well enough. Build an arcane tower if you're having that much trouble with it. Footmen with defend is a must against archers, just put defend on when you fight them. I have no idea how you're saying they're slow. I usually get footmen, rifles, and casters vrs a NE. I'd suggest getting a MK if you can't stop his hero in the beginning. Otherwise Archmage with water elementals and Blood Mage with Flamestrike. There's no way he should beat you if you can micro good enough.