Content revamp

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I believe it's time for quite a change in the Starcraft forums, and I have quite a few ideas, but I'd like to run them by the rest of the staff first.

First of all, I think the focus of the content managers/moderators should shift to adding content - personal reviews, speculation, and official game news. The current threads I see stickied, and I mean no offense to the authors and am not targeting them, are simply copy-pasted material, and promotion and discussion of such things is the role of any active forum member, I believe a staff member should take it to another level of effort. Honestly, they seem to be a waste of space, they should be condensed in to one resource thread. We are a forum, and by mandate a website for discussion, not resources. While it is nice to have these things, our job as staff members should be to bring new members to the site, and provoke activity from current members, and frankly there are far better resource websites out there, and they will always win over an overcluttered thread with screenshots. Newsworthy speculation or large Blizzard content updates obviously do qualify for sticky-worthy material, but should be un-stickied when new material arrives, to avoid clutter.

Secondly, I personally believe the sub-forums should be condensed into a single Starcraft Universe forum. There is simply not enough new content or activity happening with Starcraft: Brood War to justify its own forum. Combining the two would give us the opportunity to focus on promoting activity within one subject; Starcraft, instead of two.

To add content and attempt to attract new members I will myself be writing and adding atleast one new Starcraft article a week, and as Kinkarso suggested submit the article to digg and other social bookmarking sites. I will also start to keep the section up-to-date with the latest Starcraft 2 news as well as Brood War pro-gaming news - considering it is the most active community of the old Starcraft.

I'm looking for any comments or suggestions, or simply the go-ahead to follow up on the things I've mentioned. As far as the criticism to the current situation, again I am not looking to target or insult anyone, only to discuss future change for a better and more active forum.

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
First of all, I think the focus of the content managers/moderators should shift to adding content - personal reviews, speculation, and official game news.
For all that I am worth in this matter, I have been trying to find some interesting stuff on all the Blizzard games. I can't really do anything personal as I have never played StarCraft.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've only just discovered my access to the Battle Staff forum, just realized a lot of what I said has already been mentioned.