Cloverfield spoiler

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol this film reminds me of "The Host"

havent read most of it, but from reading your posts, definitely sounds like that movie (except the setting is in New York?)

Speaker

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw it on release two days ago. The movie was awesome, the handheld cinematography suited the film so well and was extremely well done. This movie is intense and will keep you on the edge of your seat, to say the least.
thanks siskel, can we have anymore generic ****?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think Bf is some homo receptionist that will cater to your whim BE?

Does anyone know the round abouts of the runtime for the movie. .... I thought it was an hour.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was like the only person who liked it in the theater, I was sitting there amazed at how awesome it was (head explosion was my fav part), but everyone else just kinda sat there for a second, then got up and left, no talking or anything.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
what head explosion?

are you talking about his eyes or gills or whatever the hell those red things were?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think they are even going to touch down on the reason of this beast arrival or ascension on earth?

I believe it has something to do with those little baby things.

Possibly it has come back after it laid its eggs millions of years ago.

But since i was a bit messed up when I saw it I can't remember how it came to earth:?

Did it rise? did it come in a ship? Comet? or just kinda rocket itself in? I can't remember if there was an explosion in the beginning or if it went straight to buildings getting ****ed up.

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone think they are even going to touch down on the reason of this beast arrival or ascension on earth?

I believe it has something to do with those little baby things.

Possibly it has come back after it laid its eggs millions of years ago.
J.J Abrams was quoted saying that the creature was a baby -disoriented and confused and cranky- and that at the beggining, when the little parasites fall off, its because Clover is rubbing itself against buildings as some sort of birth ritual to "clean" itself.

And oh, I also found a live recording of the Cloverfield Overture. Its better than nothing!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
B~E and I saw this together and we concluded it was a very bad movie.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
J.J Abrams was quoted saying that the creature was a baby -disoriented and confused and cranky- and that at the beggining, when the little parasites fall off, its because Clover is rubbing itself against buildings as some sort of birth ritual to "clean" itself.
alright, i'll accept that, makes sense that those little things are parasites.... but how did it Awake or get to clover field.... and when you say "Clover" rubbing against buildings you mean the monster?

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reeves Runs Merrily Through Cloverfield - ComingSoon.net

CS: What were the specific visual inspirations for YOUR monster?

Reeves: We hired this guy Neville Page to design the monster, and he is a genius. We would go into his office and he would have what I affectionately referred to as his "Wall of Terror". On the wall were all sorts of bits of color, and as you got closer suddenly your interest turned to revulsion because those pictures were like pictures of intestines and eyeballs and pieces of animals. What he was doing was having a biological, evolutionary basis for every aspect of the creature. That was really cool because there are parts of the monster that can do things that we actually didn't have a place for in the movie, that's how thoroughly designed he was.

The key to it is that the monster was a baby. The monster was suffering from separation anxiety and was absolutely disoriented and pissed, "where's mommy?", and terrified. That was the most important aspect of the creature. Not only was he furious and in a rage but he was scared, because to me there's nothing scarier than something huge that's spooked. If you're at the circus and the elephants are going nuts you don't want to be near them. We talked with Neville about the idea of how when a horse gets spooked you see the whites under the bottom of its eye. He fleshed out those sort of details. We talked about wanting the monster to be different in that it was white. All these different aspects which were important to us. It developed in many different ways and it came down to what Neville was doing which was amazing.

CS: Any possibilities for a "Cloverfield" sequel?

Reeves: This was so fun 'cause we'd never done anything like it, and I think we'd want to find a similar challenge, to find a way to have its roots in this but be fresh and new, otherwise you're just repeating yourself. There's a moment on the Brooklyn Bridge, and there was a guy filming something on the side of the bridge, and Hud sees him filming and he turns over and he sees the ship that's been capsized and sees the headless Statue of Liberty, and then he turns back and this guy's briefly filming him. In my mind that was two movies intersecting for a brief moment, and I thought there was something interesting in the idea that this incident happened and there are so many different points of view, and there are several different movies at least happening that evening and we just saw one piece of another. That idea sort of tickled me. We'll have to see if anyone would want a sequel. If the movie does well and we find a compelling reason to do so then it would be fun to do a sequel.

Did you see the thing in the last shot? In the final shot there's a little something, and I don't wanna say what it is. The final shot before the titles. The stuff at Coney Island, there's a little something there and I don't want to give it away 'cause the fun is sort of to find it, but I will say this: there's a funny thing, you look at the shot and until you see it you don't see it and you really don't see it and obviously you don't 'cause none of you have seen it, but once you see it you'll never stop seeing it.

CS: It's the thing dropping in the water, right?

Reeves: Ahh, you saw it.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Oh Comming Soon, how I love thee.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Greece is not on the list of Release Dates...I feel so Third World...

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn eric, that might be considered Spam, a treason worthy of a ban.... at least 6 months ago it was.

I am apparently going to have to see this movie one more time, Because I recall the girl getting bit or scratched by the "parasite." What I have no recollection is her "exploding."

Its rather funny because as the movie went on I never noticed how their group got smaller and smaller.