Clone Character?

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Would he work? DarkMatter and I have been discussing his skill tree, and this is what we came up with.

He has 3 skill groups (like the sorceress would have fire, cold and lightning spells) which are "Clone skills, adaptations and Magical Abilities."

If you have a good idea and it doesnt fit within those skill groups, then post them anyway because we can eventually change the skill groups if we need to.

Anyway, this is what weve come up with so far...

Rise (level 6, I don't know where to put this in you're skill trees tho. :p)
Rise an enemy that has been slain, that can be raised by a superior (Fallen and shamen, fetish and shamen) and make 2 copies instead of 1, but 50% weaker in all stats. Every 3 levles +1 more copy added, mana reduced, and effiecny is upped 3% every level (so at lvl 2 it's 47%).

Life Scramble (level 6)
Take the DNA force of a monster and switch it to a bad combination, dealing damage and having a chance to cast a random status effect on that moster/player (Slow, cold, poison 5 levels, each stronger or weaker, slow missles, - def, or a necromancer curse that counts as a status effect) Effect %, damage mana cost increase with each level. duration of status effects increased every level (starts at 5% and increased every 2 levels by 3%) poison level increased every 4 or so levels.

Revitalize Aura (level 6)
Fallen monsters that can be revived are converted to a % of their life and given to the Clone. Radius and % converted increase with level.

Lvl 6 Clone skills:

Defensive stance:
Turn into a tree or something like that (mebbe a worm so that u can run away )for 15 seconds, that creatures cant attack.
+5 secs per level

Mana cost 7

Offensive stance:
Turn into a demon, frightening away all nearby creatures. Creatures run for Xmeters(how much do u think?) Creatures run Xmeters further away the higher the level.

Mana cost 7

Adaptations:

Strong/Iron Will?(i cant think up a good name for this one):When shapeshifted, you get a +5% damage bonus and 5% life bonus.
Passive.
Goes up by 2-5% every level

Concentrate: When shapeshifted you gain a +5% defence bonus and have a 5% higher chance of being able to summon the creature that you were last shapeshifted as.
Passive
Goes up by 2-5% every level.

Magical abilities:

Slay: Creatures in area lose 2 health and get -10% to their defence.
Mana cost 6. Area and life loss toward creatures goes up every level, but not the defence drain thing doesnt change. (Sorta like a necro curse)

Cone of cold:
Shoots out a blast of ice freezing all creatures in its path. Damage 5-9. Mana cost 5? Damage goes up by 2 damage (min and max) per level (eg level 3 will do 9 - 13 damage)

Mana cost 6?

MORE IDEAS...

Clone Lvl 12 skills
Here are my ideas for lvl 12 skills.

Level 12 Clone skills.

Clone: Clones a monster with life 30+. (at level 3 it could summon a creature with life 42+ . So that means that it goes up by 7 life a level.)
Mana cost 9

Level 12 adaptations skills:

Summon: you can summon a monster (not lesser and not greater, in between) that you last became. ( i dont know how this fits under adaptations, try to help me think of a similar idea please )

Cold blood: Steal another creatures body and turn its blood cold(or warm, depending its blood type). Deals 10-15 cold/ fire damage and an additional 3 damage per level (eg level 3 will do 16-21 damage)
Mana cost 6-10? (IS THIS OVERKILL?)

Level 12 Magic abilities:
Smother: Slowly kills creatures in area (like poison but mebbe a bit better or worse .. i dont know?) Deals 5-7 choking damage per second Lasts 3 seconds. Area of effect? (again i dont know) (same like a necro curse) Does an addional 5 damage a sec, every 5 levels loses a second to the choking duration, and area of effect gets bigger too per level(by how much?) (eg. level 5 will do choking damage of 30-32 choking damage over 2 seconds. Area of effect (???)

Level 18 skills

Darkness: Everything in your screen has a 30% chance of becoming blind for 10 seconds. Higher the level the higher the chance of blinding creatures, and the longer they are blinded for.

I have a few level 30 skills that i dont want to forget so im gonna writhe them down now.

Name of spell?? : You have a 10% chance of learning how to summon a creature that you have shapeshifted into. (eg. I turn into any creature i have a chance of learning how to summon the creature forever. ) YAY! WE CAN SUMMON STUFF WHENEVER WE WANT! Chance of learning spell goes up by 2-5%(too much, too little???) per level

Passive

another 30 skill could be something like time walk.

Time walk: Everything freezes for a few seconds which gives you enough time to cast a couple of spells and kill creatures. Basically nothing moves but you for a while.

Mana cost 30 ?too much?

The problem with this skill is that it wont work on battle.net...

Heres another
Elemental Storm: Deals X cold, X lightning and Xfire damage to all creatures in a certain radius (like a curse, or mebbe like a spell like frozen orb)

Mana cost 20-30? (help me!)

Heres a level 24 skill that could work.
Entrance (not like entrance and exits, the other one): All creatures in a certain area begin to attack randomly. Area of effect (I DONT KNOW! ...again)

Im still worried that this character may not work as it isnt a very battle.net kind of character, unless you are able to clone another player. I think that might work. Sounds workable to me...

Tell us what you think, if you have some good ideas then tell us about it!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The thing is, how do you know that the game is going to have the same 3tier up to lvl 30 skill system. They might do something completey different, or they might bring it back D1 style

But this sounds too much like a Sorc/Necro/Druid mix

I_Robbie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
I have a question about the rise skill: don't we already have that with necros?

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, it's called revive.

LordOfMars

Member!
Reaction score
Um... this is fantasy, not science fiction. Cloning, DNA, these are advanced scientific concepts...