CD-R ROM / DVD ROM problem

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
my cousin gave me a dvd rom and i tried to put it into my computer... (i also switched the slave and master slot thingy too...) it is plug and play and now it cant read the cd! it knows when the cd is in cuz of the cursor when it changes into a cd cursor.... so i was wondering what is rong with it... please help! also i tried to use cd-rw rom by itself but it wont read anymore... i am using winxp btw... msg with some ideas on how to fix it...

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Is the drive you put it in a DVD-Rom?
Did it ever work before?

My suggestion is:

1) Clean The CD
2) Use a DVD-Ripper you can find off http://www.netnuke.org

EDIT: Btw I noticed your title newbie "American History X" that was a kick ass movie! I loved it. Very powerful racism movie, with Edwerd Norton dam cant spell.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yeah dvd rom worked with my cousins computer... its just that it cannot read the cd, no autoplay too... and also when i double click it, it would just stay frozen until i actually eject the cd, then it would say "please insert disc into d:"

-offtopic-

ahx is my all time favourite movie... even my gr.10 social studies teacher showed us the movie cuz its that good :)

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Tell me what your dvd-rom drive is. And by what dimensions does it runlike 16x10x40. And was it a burnt CD? And one last question when you bought your computer did it come with or did you install it yourself? If so, what company.

EDIT: ya AHX is one of my favourites it is very cool movie, i own it (of course! :p) have you seen a movie called K-Pax its about aliens and its another very good movie with kevin spacey