CD issue

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Since a couple days ago, I was unable to load up SCBW to play! My CD is really scratched up, and I thought it had something to do with that, but I kept getting this error. (I attached a picture of the error I keep getting. Could you explain to me what this is?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
did u try doing what it said to do?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I'll look that up. If it's not a problem directly related to the CD, then you might be able to fix it. However, it's probably due to the scratches on the disc. Most likely you'll have to buy a new copy or use a crack.

Before running StarCraft, it checks all the files from the disc and StarDat and brooDat are in existance. This can be proven if you remove a file from StarDat, even something from beta StarCraft that isn't used anymore. StarCraft will refuse to run. It's having trouble findnig or getting niformation from a specific file. Things in the "rez\" category tend to be related to displayed text in some way.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I didn't want to mess with uninstalling it if I can't get any of the start-up menus popping up.
So I took the disk out, swore at it several times, then cleaned the rim on the CD, then blew hot air on it. Put it on, and there we go!!!

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
wtf did u get it to work or not?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
its probly your cd, I used to get it, figured it was CD scratch.

I just bought new one, like with the scratch CD, it works SOMETIMEs.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Yes, it works now. But I don't hold much promise for it much longer. :(

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
lol...gj...btw nice windows theme, that rim around the error message had a nice amber hue