Carriers worth building??

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ReiGn
i only get carriers for drawing enemy fire and sometimes for killing workers
Drawing fire is what crusiers are for Don't get it mixed up.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by WhatisProtoss
BC's do own carriers, even without yamato... Why would you get carriers tho? make goons and lots of high templars with psionic storm, storm the carriers, if they dont die yet, send in goons, make archons, and fry the carriers to pieces.
Archons? Are you serious? Some of these counters are soooo obivous. Alot of those are easily countered.
Dragoons work ONLY on open ground.
BCs are way too slow.(with or without yamato) They are outclassed by range, speed, and attack rate.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, actualy, BCs own Carriers. Just try it, build a carrier, and a battlecruiser, fill the carrier with 8 interceptors, and send them far from each other. Then send the BC atackning the carrier, and the other way around. The carrier will lose. Even without using Yamato. Upgrade it, if needed.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I feedback the crusiers before they have a chance to YC me. Plus, the carriers attack it from outside their range , while running home.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, I was speaking of Carriers against Cruisers only... In battle, Cruisers win. Anyway, if you are a good player, then yes, Carrier can win. But most players that use them are or very good, or suck to death ;)

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
carriers are pretty good, when upgraded and not clumped todather, use them for some addition D, make them hold position on cliffs or over water, out or reach of enemy ground fire...

mix them with scouts, coursairs, and arbiters, and there pretty good...so what if they get owned by BC's...scouts own bc's...and just a few scouts can take out a few BC's with the assistance of a few carriers...

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah your right but a little assistance from valks,wraiths and sci vessels BC's will still own Capital ships.

ultralisk25

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It depends on the game, if ur in a money map and its nr20, then u can build em, and if ur opponent doesn't know how to counter them, then u can easily win, they're also good for takin out main money cuz if u got alot, they're strong and arent taken out that fast. But if its a no rules, or just not on a money map, then there really is no point, just go ground

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Yes, I was speaking of Carriers against Cruisers only... In battle, Cruisers win. Anyway, if you are a good player, then yes, Carrier can win. But most players that use them are or very good, or suck to death ;)
In other words, cruisers don't own carriers. Only dumbass protoss fight cruisers head on and of course lose.

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you guys are missing alot, on non-money maps...there OK...but there not the best unit to get because they ARE slow, and they cost alot...but they are moderatly strong, just dont use them alone....dur

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
they're not ok in non-money maps for me......they cost too much and carriers are weak i'd rather buy five zealots than spend 550 minerals for a Carrier and interceptors

Kos Mos

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.moh.vze.com
actually carriers are worth building because they can save you from your base from bein badly damaged or you just wanna just beat that person really fast

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Carriers don't beat people really fast, except when your opponent is a noob.many players know how to counter carriers these days, so i don't use them anymore.

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
carriers suck like crap (most of the time) they are weak and costly, emp em and they dont got no life at all and plague em etc. theyare owned

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Carriers ARE worth it, despite the HATERATION.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Hit0kiri_R
Carriers don't beat people really fast, except when your opponent is a noob.many players know how to counter carriers these days, so i don't use them anymore.
Do you know how stupid you sound? People know how to counter ANY unit in the game so you wouldn't use those, either?

RaGeN

Reaction score
Man, we have got a WHOLE bunch of newbs in this thread. Carriers are NOT worth it. They cost way too much, take way too long to build, and are so incredibly easy to kill. Plus, even if you don't kill the carriers becuase you're a newb, once it's lost all of it's intercepters, it's pure crap. It's worthless. It's just 350 of your minerals and 250 of your gas just floating in the air taking up space.

The only reason I can think of to use carriers would be for defense against guardians. But if you need defense against those, you would just use scouts. Scouts are awesome in air-to-air combat.

Believe me folks, carriers suck. The game creators probably just put them there for vets to make of fun of newbs for using, or something.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You've obviously only been playing newbies if you think that. Carriers ARE worth it.