Carriers! HERE!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Perhaps even more relevant than the fact that there are Carriers is what the Train Interceptor interface says.

"Right click to enable Auto-casting?" That's pretty rad for a Carrier to autobuild Interceptors, and that'd make Reavers waaay better, but man...Autocasting as a whole in SC kinda makes me a little sad.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Perhaps even more relevant than the fact that there are Carriers is what the Train Interceptor interface says.

"Right click to enable Auto-casting?" That's pretty rad for a Carrier to autobuild Interceptors, and that'd make Reavers waaay better, but man...Autocasting as a whole in SC kinda makes me a little sad.
they had autocast for awhile now. Tempest had them. Calling them carriers is retarded, Tempest made them sounc cooler, while Carrier just sounds generic.

Also reavers have been removed from the game as the Colossus has taken it's place. But otherwise Reavers had autocast before being removed.

L

Laharl

Wow. Neat. It doesn't look completely like ass.
Half a thumb up.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah but it was a giant pain in the ass to have to spam R/I for your scarabs/interceptors when you could be concentrating on doing something actually really constructive.

In an RTS, i think it's pretty silly that you *have* to make sure units have enough ammo by pressing buttons. Rather than microing them around or something.

If they didn't implement it, i wouldn't care, but i do think it's pretty cool that they did.

L

Laharl

The only auto-cast spell that should exist is heal. And that's because it's the medic's prime function.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it was a giant pain in the ass to have to spam R/I for your scarabs/interceptors when you could be concentrating on doing something actually really constructive.

In an RTS, i think it's pretty silly that you *have* to make sure units have enough ammo by pressing buttons. Rather than microing them around or something.

If they didn't implement it, i wouldn't care, but i do think it's pretty cool that they did.
Im saying autocasting build interceptors and Smart casting removes the need for quick clicking, and adds a more in depth need for strategic micro. Warcraft III doesn't need you spending time click only on one unit just to cast a spell, so you have more time to use a more strategic approach to your battles and moving your armies. If you have the money, the game is much more strategic if you don't need to keep clicking to build ammo for a unit. Removing mindless clicking so the player is free to perform the strategic micro is what I loved about WCIII.

L

Laharl

Or, it just makes you need to do less to get it done, thereby cutting the gap in size between pros and idiots who think they know how to play.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
When it comes down to it, i bet any one of us could kick MT's ass at SC1, SC2 (When it comes out) and WC3.

You're all talk buddy.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I probably couldn't. I'm not that good. I'd Zealrush him and if that failed, Scoutstorm.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If I remember right, I already beat him awhile ago.. I was zerg... Forgot what he was..

Might not of been him, but I think it was. I miss our sc days renzo haha me you and tronga used to be even if i remember right? You guys might of been a little better i forgot.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm better on moneymaps. Lategame I can create forces that can break through pretty much anything, but early game I usually just can't keep my defenses up. I'm pretty good against the dumbass comps, able to do 1v4c melees most of the time, but alone against a pretty competent human opponent, I just don't do too well.

I do have fond remembrances though, of playing against an opponent who'd been playing for idk a couple months, on good old Challenger, and I freaking blocked his ass from any expansion.

I was Toss, he was Terran. Almost right away I slapped up some Photon Cannons and a Gateway right at his choke point, and developed like 3 expansions to keep the resources coming in while I walled him off.

He was all "wtf! Shit, you win."

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Tronga used to always just beat me. He'd build like every type of unit and just zerg casters at me. I'd just panic and fail, lollerz.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I liked the DT version of the Carrier! Bring it back!

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I don't really like the dark templar-esque stuff all that much. I like that they embraced the dark templar but i thought it was kinda silly that like all their units looked like they were created by the dark templar or something.

When i think about it, i'm going to like these new carriers.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah. I actually HOPE they kept the shield system, but considering they really didn't change much of anything else to make them Carriers rather than Tempests, that may be the main thing they changed.

Even with traditional shields, they look pretty good, but I think the localized shield would be a good gameplay facet to make them stop being such a superpower. Because face it, massed Carriers was always a pretty sure way to do some serious damage. Not infallible, but a seriously mean attack force.