Cant play online!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tessu

Hello.

I brough CS:condition zero about a month ago. I installed it onto my old computer until i got my new computer up and running. It works fine on my old computer but when i try to join a sever on my new computer it either freezes at precaching resources or validating something or other... So I restarted my computer and tried again. This time I could join severs but after about 5 minutes CS crashes with a fatal error and gave me this:

"LoadTGA: only type 2 and 10 targa RGB images supported"

So i reinstalled CS:condition zero. However now when i try to join a sever it freezes at precaching resources again!! I've tried reinstalling but that doesnt work.

Plz help me i dont know what to do and i really want to play :(

Thanks.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
does your computer meet the system requirements?

T

Tessu

yup im way over the system requirments. Btw i use XP (if that helps)

Any other ideas. Thanks :D

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tessu
Hello.

I brough CS:condition zero about a month ago. I installed it onto my old computer until i got my new computer up and running. It works fine on my old computer but when i try to join a sever on my new computer it either freezes at precaching resources or validating something or other... So I restarted my computer and tried again. This time I could join severs but after about 5 minutes CS crashes with a fatal error and gave me this:

"LoadTGA: only type 2 and 10 targa RGB images supported"

So i reinstalled CS:condition zero. However now when i try to join a sever it freezes at precaching resources again!! I've tried reinstalling but that doesnt work.

Plz help me i dont know what to do and i really want to play :(

Thanks.
Sounds like it may be downloading some stuff in the background. Also, the first time you load a game on steam it will usualy load very very slow or even crash.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
If you get the .tga problem again, just rename or delete the gfx folder in your \steamapps\user@email\counter-strike\cstrike directory. There might just be a corrupted .tga that happens to remain in your folder even after you reinstall. You probably only got that error when you used a certain weapon.

As far as precaching--have patience. CZ is probably still updating. Before you start playing, right-click CZ from the games list, click properties, and make sure it's set to "Automatically update this game." If it is, then you might see little dots over the Steam icon in your system tray. If you see dots, then Steam is updating something. When it finishes, the dots will disappear and CZ should be done updating and it should say "Ready to play" in its properties screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.