Bush's proposal.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
If I am not mistaken Bush plans to make DSL a tandard for internet use by 2007. I belvive that this is a very important topic and should be disscussed. I think that idea is just flat out awsome. Man, 56k is the standard now but DSL the standard?!? That would own. Please feel free to post comments/opinons. I don't know the source well, herad it from a friend.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
That's cool, but I think it's unlikely that DSL will be standard everywhere, even by 2007....For example, in places like where I live (i.e. the middle of nowhere). Right now, the best I can get (without paying hundreds of dollars a month) is dial-up, and it's supposed to be 56k, but the phone lines are so bad that it's only about 26.4k. So anyway, it would be sweet...but I'd probably be one of the last people to get it.

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sounds like a lie to me...I would think bush has more important matters to attend, like getting us out of the billion dollar deficit he created, than speeding up everyones internet.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I live around tourist area and i still can't get better then 56k down here in this shit state.

but yay lets go another billion dollers in debt getting everyone dsl.

Sounds like hes trying to please a certain group of people to me.......

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by cxoli
That's cool, but I think it's unlikely that DSL will be standard everywhere, even by 2007....For example, in places like where I live (i.e. the middle of nowhere). Right now, the best I can get (without paying hundreds of dollars a month) is dial-up, and it's supposed to be 56k, but the phone lines are so bad that it's only about 26.4k. So anyway, it would be sweet...but I'd probably be one of the last people to get it.
I had the same problem until i got DSL. But if this does happen...wont the taxes go up more? Or taxes for road improvements or something will be put into this fund? I dunno this whole business smells to me. But yes i think this would own, we could call somewhere and never get the busy signal! of course it would backfire...when i knew someone would be calling me if i didnt like them id check my e-mail and "forget" to disconnect. hehe. of course i cant do that know that i have DSL. stupid phone filters. Im suprised Bush isnt a idiot enough to promise everyone t1 or t8 or whatever it is, lol

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I would think bush has more important matters to attend, like getting us out of the billion dollar deficit he created
Actually he has already created 2.7 trillion in debts and is proposing another 400 billion on this mars thing...

i still can't get better then 56k down here in this shit state.
My dad in alabama has cable we had cable when we lived in mississippi and I consider both of those shit states/

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
when i knew someone would be calling me if i didnt like them id check my e-mail and "forget" to disconnect. hehe. of course i cant do that know that i have DSL.
That doesn't work for me, either...we have separate phone lines :p Not that anyone calls me, anyway. Though it may because I gave them the phone number that's connected to the computer....

But yeah, although the idea is cool, it's kind of dumb....It won't work. Besides, it not like we need to go more into debt.....

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i heard that too, and i think it's stupid. i hate dsl, i love cable!

Ciphus

Member!
Reaction score
He said he's like for every American to have access to Broadband in the year 2007. He just sort of casually slipped it into his speach and didn't actually lay down a plan. He didn't offer any ways for this to happen, just mentions that it'd be great if it did.

darden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by uFOO
i heard that too, and i think it's stupid. i hate dsl, i love cable!
your opinion would be worth more if you didn't love some animated girl, get a life

and DSL is cool

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
DSL is BELOW the standard in many countries, namely Japan, Taiwan, and Sweden. Moving to DSL WOULD be a significant move forwards, but such an investment would reap practically no benefits in the visible market. Why? Well...

For 1, from an economic perspective, how is such an investment justified? All the buying and selling that goes on online doesn't NEED broadband. The reason I switched from isdn to adsl? To download stuff faster of course! The introduction of broadband across the entire united states will somewhat increase the amount of illegal activity that goes on online. This will, in turn, decrease the overall level of aggregate demand in the american economy (due to the emergence of black markets online). This is by no means a bad thing. The US is already terribly in deficit (balance of payments wise), so by advocating the wide-spread use of broadband, Bush might be counting on the fact that it'll decrease the level of AD in the american economy. Less AD=less inflationary pressure on the dollar (demand-pull inflation at least). This 'might' be a bad thing as it might increase unemployment (by the phillips curve, since employment tends to be inversely proportional to inflation). It might also be a good thing as it might stabilize the American economy (though this might well be through a recession).

Furthermore, investing in the internet is sort of an investment in infrastructure. The internet forms a really important part of a country's infrastructure, so by attempting to improve infrastructure, bush might well be trying to pave the road to economic growth.

ehm...

oh, and dsl and cable both have their merits: cable tends to operate faster (larger pipe capacities), though if more people use it, it slows down. DSL on the other hand, tends to be slower, but it isn't affected by the number of people using it....and there's also a marked distinction between DSL and ADSL...

Mustafa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stickdeath.com
I just think he's trying to make enough lies to keep him in office...he probably made a bet or something to see if he could put this country 5,000,000,000,000 dollars in debt. He already spent about $37.5 billion on the war, which did nothing for us...and now he's proposing DSL cable? I've got one thing to say:

What the Hell?

N[U]TS

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think it would be a good thing.....

would you people plz quit bringing down bush for all of this.....jeez did you ever stop to think it might have been a past president? maybe somone like clinton ah yes you might say we werent in dept then..... but have you ever thought it might have been a president before him that helped the economy when he was in office? just a thought, so dont believe everything the damn media tells you. they are just competting for good rateings........(money) all polotics which i hate.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by NTS
i think it would be a good thing.....

would you people plz quit bringing down bush for all of this.....jeez did you ever stop to think it might have been a past president? maybe somone like clinton ah yes you might say we werent in dept then..... but have you ever thought it might have been a president before him that helped the economy when he was in office? just a thought, so dont believe everything the damn media tells you. they are just competting for good rateings........(money) all polotics which i hate.

our last 4 presidents have all sucked, bush is just the worst.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"would you people plz quit bringing down bush for all of this.....jeez did you ever stop to think it might have been a past president?"

whichever president would propose this i would not like the idea, i'm sorry but bush may be bad but my not liking the idea has nothing to do with him.
I dislike it because i think the idea is a aim to please younger people and make them think...... hmmm well he didn't get around to it yet but i bet if we get him re elected next time he'll get us our dsl. Shit between bush and kerry if one of them promised me dsl if they got elected i'd vote for em, i have no idea which is going to be worst for this country.