Breakdown of Priest talent trees and in need of Rogue's

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
So I'm thinking of ditching my 23 Lock and 12 Druid for a Rogue. Before I do so however, I'd like to get a rundown of each of the talent trees before I begin figuring out how I want to use my character.

For example if someone wanted a detailed explanation of the Priest talent tree, I'd say:

Holy: If you want to be the main healer in instances. You're not going to do much damage, nor be as good as you could be solo, but you'll be loved by the MT, and the rest of your groups. I'd recommend if you were planning on being in a group around 75% of the time. Difficult to complete quests solo.

Discipline: A mix of solo/PvP/PvE speccing. It has benefits for either, allowing you to get increased mana regeneration, and reduced mana costs of particular spells. Has some good perks for spells, such as reducing the cooldown on casting Power Word: Shield on the same target (15seconds instead of 30). Doesn't hurt to have points in this tree regardless of your spec.

Shadow: Very good if you like PvP. Has some very nice talents if you're also planning on leveling to 60 solo for the most part. Not recommended if you plan on being Main Healer for a large raid, but good to help you get to level 60 faster if you're not planning on being in a group most of the time.

Going all-out Holy or Shadow isn't necissary, as I mentioned in the Disc section, it can help to get even some of the 1st-3rd tier talents, but it all depends on what kind of healer/caster you want to be. :)

Thank you in advance to anyone that can provide me with something similar for Rogues. Hell, while we're at it, if anyone else would like to throw in their synopses of the other classes' tech trees, we could compile them into one large thread. :)

Also, I'll let you mods figure out where this should go. General Discussion or Character Building & Leveling Up. :p

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
I'll try =P I'll keep it short, dont have much time.

Subtlety

Most subtlety talents increase your stealth abillity, and your ability to strike from stealth. Also some neat utility talents, like imp. sap and preperation, that come in handy in instances or PvP.

Combat

Really a damage-dealing tree, focusing on non-stealthed attacks and high sustained damage output. Many rogues go deep into the combat tree, and use a high damage/slow attack speed mace or sword to do damage with sinister strike. Newbs :( Not really the best to go deep into combat if you plan on major PvP or battlegrounds action, burst damage can be hard to come by.

Assassination

Another damage-dealing tree, mainly focusing on increasing the damage done by attacks, and critical strike chances.

This is the build I used, it worked great for PvP and I was never far behind the pure combat rogues in MC once I got my Gutgore Ripper.

Subtlety Mastery
Master of Deception Rank 5
Opportunity Rank 5
Initiative Rank 5
Improved Ambush Rank 3
Improved Sap Rank 3
Preparation Rank 1
Subtlety Total: 22

Combat Mastery
Improved Gouge Rank 3
Improved Sinister Strike Rank 2
Improved Backstab Rank 3
Combat Total: 8

Assassination Mastery
Improved Eviscerate Rank 3
Malice Rank 5
Ruthlessness Rank 3
Murder Rank 2
Relentless Strikes Rank 1
Lethality Rank 5
Improved Instant Poison Rank 1
Cold Blood Rank 1
Assassination Total: 21
Total
Total Points Spent: 51
Level Required: 60

Hope this helps a little bit.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Thank you! Exactly the kind of breakdown I was looking for. And thanks for the copy of your build. Something I can mess around with on Thottbot.

Also here's a copy of my Priest build. There's quite a few you can go with depending on what sort of Priest you're looking to be, but this, and one other build seem to be the best for instances. The other would be speccing to get Divine Spirit. A rediculous spell that manages to give me 100 mana a second!

Discipline Mastery
Unbreakable Will Rank 5
Improved Power Word: Shield Rank 3
Improved Power Word: Fortitude Rank 2
Mental Agility Rank 5
Mental Strength Rank 5
Meditation Rank 5
Inner Focus Rank 1
Discipline Total: 26

Holy Mastery
Improved Renew Rank 5
Spiritual Healing Rank 5
Subtlety Rank 5
Improved Healing Rank 5
Improved Flash Heal Rank 2
Improved Prayer of Healing Rank 2
Spirit of Redemption Rank 1
Holy Total: 25

Total Points Spent: 51
Level Required: 60

I did get Holy Fire, and didn't end up getting the 2 ranks in Improved Healing just for my own benefit, and being of *some* use in instances when I help out lowbies.

Thanks again though!