Boots of Speed

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Since they made it completely unable to get it so early, does anyone actualy buy them anymore? NE matches used to be based on who got boots first (as was displayed many times). Now I hardly see them ever. Speaking of witch, what Items are best to buy from the goblin merchant.

Potion of invulnerability, and the item that expands your health I usualy buy. Circlet of nobility. Saves my ass often.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Staff of Teleportation if you don't want to lose your hero without having to mass your army back to your base. Invisibility pot and a fast movement hero helps for scouting (or when I am human, I just cloak knight). Scroll of Protection is a must, +2 armor during battle is worth it. Really all items are worth it, just it depends the situation the game is turning towards.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Boots of speed are a really required on some heroes.
For example I use in some 2v2 games the Palladin as first hero, and I hate to make divine shield because it doesn't do nothing for my army or my allie, so I prefer to buy a pair of boots and make devotion aura ( in team playng all the auras in the game are strongly reccomended because they provide enhaced abilities for a large number of units), of course I'm very carefful with my palladin I micro alot so he doesn't get stuck or caught in battle.
This hero has a problem, no matter how many pairs of boots I put on him he will never move more than "fast" (this is valid for MK also).The only thing that makes him move more than fast with the boots is an aura like endurance or unholy.
Could you guys tell me why this occurs, why the palladin and MK don't move faster with more than 1 pairs of boots and they move only "fast"?

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Humans are fat, well Americans are. I don't see people using invisibility much, but it's a GREAT harassment/escape item. It only costs 100 gold compared to invincibility potion. I'm not so sure if the extra hp is worth 350 gold on the shop however. Boots work wonders on slow tavern heroes like the Panda.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Simple. Movement speed is numerical, and they will increase your speed by 30 or 40. Fast is in a range of 300-350.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Simple. Movement speed is numerical, and they will increase your speed by 30 or 40. Fast is in a range of 300-350.

It is not fair man, because it is my money, if I want to spend 500 gold so that my palladin or mk could run like crazy it's my choice.
The death knight for example doesn't even need bots to run like hell, he has fast movement without the aura.

What about gloves of haste, is the attack speed numerical also, I mean if I have 2 pairs will my palladin attack with the speed provided by one pair?

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
I thought gloves of haste added like 15% upgrade or somthing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
gloves add 15%attack, while Boots add 40 speed overall. There are two ways to do things in WCIII, Percent base and exact numerical value. BTW, DK along with all of Ne hero, AM, FS, and BM start at 350 speed.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
It is not fair man, because it is my money, if I want to spend 500 gold so that my palladin or mk could run like crazy it's my choice.
The death knight for example doesn't even need bots to run like hell, he has fast movement without the aura.

What about gloves of haste, is the attack speed numerical also, I mean if I have 2 pairs will my palladin attack with the speed provided by one pair?
Oh its fair. Paladins and MK have 270 speed base. The boots grant them 310, allowing them to outrun most basic melee except for hunts (350). Unless you get auraed from TC and DK, then ur gonna run at 310 with one pair of boots :D. Death Knight has 320 because most 4 legged creatures run that speed (horse mounts). The aura then grants them almost 380-400.

Attack Speed is numerical in the sense its a decimal value. Like if its 1.3, then you attack every 1.3 seconds. The 15% from the gloves subtracts 15% from the 1.3 to make a new value.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well you know,, I havent used boots since it got patched....

mjohnson

Reaction score
i buy one boots for my thunderclappin MK. it's a great asset to have since thunderclap is not much use than a stormbolt because you need to walk to a certain area to clap an army. while a stormbolt is ranged and gread individual killer, thunderclap is better army killa.^^

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Slowing teh attack and movement speeds of units for 50% is totally worth it. Its probably your only help you may get if you use this hero and you fight hunts or grunts. As with most stun damage attacks, I save them for when the unit is like 1/4 life or something, then let the stormbolt fly :).