Blizzard Q&A

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Let's get some discussion on the last two Q&A series.

Batch 26:
StarCraft II General Discussion -
Batch 27:
StarCraft II General Discussion -

I would post them here but they are incredibly long. Hoping Wing can get them in the sticky sometime soon for reference.

Otherwise I would like to hear some opinions.

First 26: Wondering if anyone has an a problem with the whole "zealots death animation is really them teleporting out of the battlefield." This section of lore has created some discontent amongst older SC players who feel that the Zealot's blue flames is him dying. While I can understand some resentment, the zealot dieing in a blue flame makes zero sense as it is, since the Zealots are supposed to be able to be transported to dragoons anyways. Plus much of the zealots usefulness when it dies should be the fact it doesn't need to be scavenged, but immediately recalled to become a Dragoon or immortal. If the zealots just burned up in a blue fire, that makes no sense because dragoons couldn't exist.

Second: The connection between technology and psi for the shields is an interesting concept. This I say would work well if linked to the fact that Fenix had his blades malfunction before he was killed would also help the fact everyone was surprised he was still alive as a Dragoon. If his shields and blades failed, then his teleportation ability when mortally wounded could also have been damaged, so he had to actually be found.
Opinions? - These are the things I think of when I'm bored.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
First 26: Wondering if anyone has an a problem with the whole "zealots death animation is really them teleporting out of the battlefield." This section of lore has created some discontent amongst older SC players who feel that the Zealot's blue flames is him dying. While I can understand some resentment, the zealot dieing in a blue flame makes zero sense as it is, since the Zealots are supposed to be able to be transported to dragoons anyways. Plus much of the zealots usefulness when it dies should be the fact it doesn't need to be scavenged, but immediately recalled to become a Dragoon or immortal. If the zealots just burned up in a blue fire, that makes no sense because dragoons couldn't exist.

Second: The connection between technology and psi for the shields is an interesting concept. This I say would work well if linked to the fact that Fenix had his blades malfunction before he was killed would also help the fact everyone was surprised he was still alive as a Dragoon. If his shields and blades failed, then his teleportation ability when mortally wounded could also have been damaged, so he had to actually be found.
Opinions? - These are the things I think of when I'm bored.
1) I dunno. You would think they have a strict honor code to sacrifice themselves if need be in battle. That dragoons come from zealots who return from battle with injuries making normal combat impossible. As part of their devotion to Auir(sp? its been a while) i would looking to continue fighting and finding ways to keep fighting through injuries is part of their honor. Still, the blizzard answer on the blue burst is fine.

2)Protoss must be really hard to kill...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i really got to get that sticky organized.

1) I dunno. You would think they have a strict honor code to sacrifice themselves if need be in battle. That dragoons come from zealots who return from battle with injuries making normal combat impossible. As part of their devotion to Auir(sp? its been a while) i would looking to continue fighting and finding ways to keep fighting through injuries is part of their honor. Still, the blizzard answer on the blue burst is fine.

2)Protoss must be really hard to kill...
i think Injuries still vary even with the emergency teleport. some will probably sustain too much to live after they are moved to a safespot.

now if they can only die in diffrent colors..

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
now if they can only die in diffrent colors..
team colors would be cool. I wonder if they can get stuck mid teleport and trapped in an alternate dimension or something to that tune...maybe they just use a series of tubes...