BF Games

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
What kind of connection do I need?

@Cort: Yes, we did have some riots here. We happen to live right in front of a police station - and police is the main target. Nothing very serious, though. Downtown Athens suffers the most.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
To play with players in the USA? You would need to ping around 100, at the most, so try pinging a Left4Dead server here and see what you're getting.

coRtALos can give you an IP.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I can play with 3 Americans just fine. I hold my own, even on expert. My ping is in the red but i still play well.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I'm Canadian

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
L4D doesn't really give you IP addresses to dedicated servers unfortunately. I suppose I could try running a "netstat -n -r" in a command prompt while connected, but alt-tabbing out of any Source-based game is a fking chore. Plus about 50% of the time, my games connect to a server that both me on the East coast, and Ryan on the West coast have red ping.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
@Moderators: Feel free to split this post into another thread in Chit Chat. Sort of taking this thread into another topic, hence my double-post to make it easier to split posts up here. Please call the thread something like "Greece' youth riot over teen shot by police".

@Gally: So it's my opinion that sometimes American journalism can either be biased towards our country's best interests, or have a very detached perspective of the situation, mostly just stating facts about whatever's going on.

From what I've read however, it all started from some youths throwing rocks at a police patrol car. When they got out of the car, they were about to throw a molotov when one of the cops shot and killed a 16 year old boy?

To tell you the truth, if that's somewhat accurate of what happened, I have a feeling American journalism would sort of make the kid out to sound like a juvenile who had it coming. I know if someone was going to throw a molotov explosive at a cop here, they'd do the same thing, and say it was in self-defense.

Not saying I disagree with what's happening over there, I just feel like I must be missing some huge cultural thing over there for so many youths to be rioting. Care to help me better understand what's happening? :)

Metal Gear Flash

LaLiLuLeLo
Reaction score
from what i understand an officer fired a "warning shot" to quiet the crowds...that ended up hitting a 15 yr old boy...?

read tons of comments by greeks that claim the riot isn't even about the child but the economic crisis, and ignorant americans are at fault =/

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
L4D doesn't really give you IP addresses to dedicated servers unfortunately. I suppose I could try running a "netstat -n -r" in a command prompt while connected, but alt-tabbing out of any Source-based game is a fking chore. Plus about 50% of the time, my games connect to a server that both me on the East coast, and Ryan on the West coast have red ping.
First off, Alt tabbing is easy :p... when you have 8 cores.

And I found out that the entire neighborhood is fucked on Comcast internet and people are torrenting where I am essentially 24/7 so I was always going to lag a little.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well does she have any other source engine games?

If she plays Counter-Strike: Source or Team Fortress 2, then she'll probably be able to play Left4Dead.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't play CS, but I will do my best to play Left4Dead with you, guys. As soon as I get it, you will know;)

About the riots in Greece:
Everything started ten days ago, when a group of kids harassed a couple of cops at a notoriously not-friendly-for-cops neighborhood in downtown Athens. The cops drew their guns out and one of them started shooting (aiming up, he claims) but one of the bullets killed a 15year old on the spot. The day after there were student demonstrations everywhere, but most of them ended in destruction and looting. The Police and the Government were mainly spectators, the Media went into a imbalanced frenzy and the political opposition exploited the situation in many dangerous ways. To make the long story short, a 15-year-old behaved like a 15-year-old, a cop behaved like a 15- year-old and we collectively behaved like 15-year-olds. Sad.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
CORTS GOOD. I Want him to lead me through some expert campaings but I can't find the pplz.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Thanks. I made it myself.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
:( but still there in spirit.

GoVi

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
i got this game for xmas, so if yall need some 1 for expert campain, lemme know, gOvi is the account

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I doubt you're ready for expert. I take enough bullets in the back as it is.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Fuck u all I got left is the bloodharvest campaign on expert. And We were at the final chapter when our server fucking gave us the boot.

I gotta go back and do mercy because I never made the chooper and my team did so I was denied my achievment. But I can run through in 2 hours with bots.