BEST strat i know for UD vs UD

Golden Monkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is the best thing ive found for going aginst UD, read closely, it will help ALOT.

Usally (and as ive observed form other threads) UD ppl going vs UD make the DL and then tons of ghouls and fiends n statues... not a good choice. Why? Because it always fails when this strategy i tell you right now is preformed.

What you do is either get the Lich first then the DK almost right after, upgrade to 2nd tier near start of game and maybe 2 upgraded zigs. Get your ghouls n fiends and hunt, dont be agressive or attack them first (unless your UD opponent sux). Then as your hunting and avoiding them as fast as you can, start building gargoyles, lots of them and finally upgrade to 3rd tier and immediately build Frost Wyrms, about 5 of them and then gargoyles, and fiends n statues maybe a few necros will fit in nicely.

This works every time if they go fiends aboms statues etc because your frost wyrms will kill off any melee units the UD have and the gargoyles, the fiends nets suck aginst the units becuase theyll usally just net the gargoyles and ull attack them off with your heavy air. You can protect your lich and Frost Wyrms with your DK's coil and use the highly upgraded sacrifice (since ull have hunted alot) to keep the DK alive, probably buy some potions of invoulnerablility for him too.

Once you kill of his/her army go after their base with yr lvl 6 spells and Frost Wyrms, any pitiful UD zig defence will be easy work to finish them off!

Try it, you will like it, it works if you do it right!
Plz post and tell me your opinion on my strat.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
My favorite UD vs UD strat is necros + gargs. No matter what UD does, they cannot beat that without having superior numbers using the same strategy. Your strategy can be countered by heavy anti-air (lots of gargs) and Fast Expand. Necros + Gargs cannot be countered by anything UD has except for the same strategy with superior numbers.

Golden Monkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im not seeing what the necros would have to raise vs an air attack? would u just use them to hit the air?

also your strat is very similar to mine, i said maybe you should add some necros to make your army better. but i still say having wyrms is good to have vs UD

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Once you upgrade Skeleton Mastery, the necro's skeletons can hit air.

Wyrms work, but they take so long to get. I can get necros a lot quicker. Here is my exact combo:

6 Necros
1 Statue regening mana for the necs
3 Meat Wagons for corpses
2-3 Heros
7-9 gargs

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Golden Monkey
hmm sounds good, but i hate managing the wagons and dumping out the corpses, is it really that hard?
It does it automatically. If the necro wants to raise the dead, the wagon automatically drops it for the necromancer. Then the necromancer proceeds to cast his spell.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Nope. Hippos would be slaughtered by the gargs. The Dryads would be slaughtered by the mass skeletons.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
dyrads, raped? mass dyrads can rape skellies :p hence the abolish magic.
Anyways.. Skellies' coutner is MG + chims.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
dyrads, raped? mass dyrads can rape skellies :p hence the abolish magic.
Anyways.. Skellies' coutner is MG + chims.
You would have to have VERY good micro to use abolish magic on EVERY single skele (because it is autocast, but only for buffs, not summoned units). Dryads are never the coutner for the necro wagon. Chims can be. ;)

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Against UD i like fiends/lich and some necs and aboms. If i don't kill them in rush, i'll win in tier 3. But the strategy at the top would work too.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It really all depends on personal preference. Personally, I like to use the necro wagon + gargs to decimate UD armies everywhere!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
You would have to have VERY good micro to use abolish magic on EVERY single skele (because it is autocast, but only for buffs, not summoned units). Dryads are never the coutner for the necro wagon. Chims can be. ;)
Muahahahahha! i know.... =/ and who masses dyrads nowadays :p only 3~4 is enuf for those 'mutanted' girls :p I put that up jus to c if ur awake or not! :D and i know that its only for buff. hehe abolish magic on every single skellies! IT will surely help one's micro! :D

Anyways, yes mg + chims are :p

kd4

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the thing I always do in UD v UD is go DL first then get a couple ghouls, then kill his mine, not miners, and then run and do gargs/necros and maybe a stat

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ while u get gold mines, ur ghouls and ur hero is gonna die.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by kd4
maybe a stat
Not "maybe".

When you are dealing with statues...always think "yes". Never think "no" or "maybe" or "I don't have the money right now". Those just don't work. Statues are too good to pass up!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
UD without Statues are helpless lil monsters... without statues, in fiend rush, i can kil lthem ez... with statues.. i tend to run away.