• Night Elves

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Undead

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Orcs. If you think about it, they have a caster for all kinds of situations.

Shaman - You could bloodlust your army (which may help in some games) and use purge to remove buffs or to stop heroes/units dead! Lightning shield is really useful when they come in from town portals or you are facing people who dont move forces around.

Witch Doctor - This is the most useful but most careful around humans spellcaster. You can heal your warriors in battle, stun for 6 seconds an enemy army, or allow you to detect cloaked units. The problem is that these wards not only have low life, but a Spell Breaker can easily Control Magic these without using too much mana. Although, most gamers even in 2 on 2 dont try to stop this ward.

Spirit Walker - Sure he is ethreal, takes more damage from spells and has more life force. But you need this caster if you dare to take on necros, without having to blow hell loads of mana from your shaman. Disenchant removes debuffs and also does damage to hostile units instead of any unit. You can remove Slow and Polymorph from the humans or dreaded faerie fire from dotts to fight more effectively. Ancestral Spirit is a coffin cheater to Tauren. For 250 mana, you can bring back a 1300 hp Tauren or a 600 life Walker. If the corpses cannot be turned against you, then do so before someone does things you dont want to happen. Spirit Link keeps people from being too damaged and cheats death when you hit 0 life. At 0 life, you get 1 life and the buff is removed. Be aware of who you share with, you might share with the targets you don't want.

Overall, you could say these casters are more effective on ground assaults rather than in the skies. Still, spells like Purge and Spirit Link might help you out against air units. Unless raiders bring them to the ground, then they are ****ed by wards.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd say Orc because not only do their overall stats get better in DPS and health, but the fact that they are so easy to micro! For the troll doctors, you just drop something and it automaticall does it's effect. As for the Shamans, lust is auto, meaning you just let it do it's thing. Sure you can use purse and shield, but lust is where the mana will most likely go to.

Undead however, require LOTS of micro to pull off. Skeletons are easy, sure enough, but frenzy requires a strong unit to cast upon and you also have to spot their strong units to cast cripple. With the banshee, you have to manually cast AMS on your units, and possession is the hardest master spell to pull off compared to other casters.

With the elves, the most you have to do with talons is target each unit for cycloning, and change form for AA. With bears however, you need to make sure you rejuv weak units or your hero and make sure roar is always cast. Not as hard as undead, but trickier than Orc.

Finally, the humans have it a bit tricky as well. Heal and Inner fire are easily autoed, but you have to determine if all your units have IF on them. Dispell is useful if they mass buffs or summons, so it shouldn't have to be used too much. The sorc has slow autoed, so no complaints there. Polymorph is as easy as cyclone, but I've never seen invisibility used too much. I always thought it would be neat if you had a Knight that had, say 100 hp left and you cast invisibility on it to return to your base for a full healing...

So Orcs win, because not only are their spells strong, but the fact that they require the least amount of micro.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Innerfire is the best buff in teh game, but the Shaman is a much mroe versatile and easier to manuver caster. I won't go into boring details like the above did about both casters in the Orc army.

Second best I personaly think is the Humans followed by Night elves and Undead.

While I beleive undead casters are really good, on par with human casters, the fact is they are harder to integrate into the undead army, and are the easiest casters to stop if you have a brain. Ne casters are quite good, especialy since they become tier 3 meele and NE's AA while still being able to cast spells. Farie fire is the best initiate spell in the game.

However, overall Orc's casters are alot easier to use, alot easier to make, and have a greater overal effect especialy since all thier spells are useful in almost any situatuion.

P.S. The Walker is not so much a caster as it is an anti-caster. While it does have two spells along with disenchant, it is the anti-caster for the simple fact it has the best dispel in the game, and being etheral is immune to all forms of meele and ranged weapons. For anti-casters, the best is definately the dryad, followed by the Destroyer then the farie dragon, Breaker then the walker.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Orcs, the Shamans can Bloodlust your entire army, and it's autocast. I rarelty use the With Doctor, but the Stun and Heal is quite beneficial if you get the time to fully ugprade him.

The true power, IMHO, is the Spirit Walker. When you get a Tauren army, he's the greatest for reviving your taurens, plus, he's ehtereal.

-Frank :cool:

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
nelf casters...
just think about it
bears are tier 3 fighters that can heal themselves, your heroes and increase your army dmg by 1/4 with roar
dotts further increases the damage you will deal with faerie fire, can take their annoying units away with cyclone and become one of the best heavy air counters in the game
all the other casters are weak, fragile. nelf ones are tough fighters, with great spells. if you're complaining about having to micro, then war3 is not ur game =(

AND they have dryads and faerie dragons, 2 ****ing annoying anti caster units...

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
Which race do you think has the most useful spellcasters?

Human because:
-dispels the magic(especially mass sumoned units);
-heals at tier 2;
-slows;
-AND MOST IMPORTANT STEALS OTHER CASTER SPELLS so bring it on with bloodlust!(also returns negative spells like faerie fire,cyclone, .....);
This last ability practically makes the human army imune to caster spells, not hero spells but this is not such a big problem.
I want to state also that I saw on this thread that the orc has a big advantage and I want to ask those who voted for them : what use if the orc as they say has such good casters if they don't use them, in most games everybody use against orcs talon druid or slow and the orcs don't use casters?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love those Blood lusts... but man oh man

I gotta hand it down to Druids, Talon and Claw, Rej, Roar, Cyclone and Faerire Fire!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
-AND MOST IMPORTANT STEALS OTHER CASTER SPELLS so bring it on with bloodlust!(also returns negative spells like faerie fire,cyclone, .....);
Yet noobs don't use control magic to take over orc wards or undead skeletons.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
skellys is a waste of control magic, because skellys are so damn cheap. Wards however is perfect. Control is great for summons true, but not skellys. Larger summons coming from heros is ideal.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
However, its 25 mana + 45% hp = cost of Control Magic. IT would only work on level 1 summons, or wards. I wish it could work on Pocket Factories. However, they are mechanical and have 400 life.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TheoStormhawk said:
Human because:
-dispels the magic(especially mass sumoned units);
-heals at tier 2;
-slows;
This last ability practically makes the human army imune to caster spells, not hero spells but this is not such a big problem.
I want to state also that I saw on this thread that the orc has a big advantage and I want to ask those who voted for them : what use if the orc as they say has such good casters if they don't use them, in most games everybody use against orcs talon druid or slow and the orcs don't use casters?
I think you got casters and anticasters mixed up. Spellbreakers are anticasters, not casters. Anyway, I'd say the priest is just average, while the Sorc has a great nerf, invisibility can save units from dying, and polymorph is great on tier 3 enemies.

The Spellbreaker is not that great at stealing spells; he can steal 3 at most while many casters can do at least 5 buffs/nerfs. Without the AM, mana regeneration is too slow to make it cost effective. Look at the dryad, it's a cheaper unit, yet it has a great passive poison attack and it accomplishes basically the same thing. They are decent vs ranged units however.

I really don't get your question, but Orc casters are just awesome. Bloodlust is probably the best buff in the game, and it's autocast, meaning no micro. Then you have the lesser used purge, which is a ghetto ensnare and works great against summons like Water Elementals. Lightning shield is trickier, but can help if you are fighting masses of enemies (skeletons), or on a peon line (cough, cough human).

The Troll Doctor has an average first spell, the sentry ward; it allows you to observe enemy movements, production and expansions, plus it lasts a while too. Next, the stasis ward is great if you pull it off in battle. Those extra seconds can allow you to finish off heroes or escape. Finally, the healing ward is an awesome AoE healing spell. All these spells are easy to do, making it very noob friendly.

If enemies are using casters against orcs, the player should pump out Spirit walkers.