Best Race for LT?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hey mate, how'd you do? Good Kangaroos there, are they?

Either way, there's no really best race for LT other than Random or personal preferences. I prefer the first one. There are strategies for each kind of match up (mu), actually.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd say z > p on it, but the other mus seem fair. I don't want to get into detail, though.(Starting positions, etc.)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i vote terren, cuz if you are near one of those island you can just lift off cc without having to make starport adn stuff

CerebralChain

Reaction score
I can't really name ONE best race here, since I've seen lotsa weird matches played on this map. But Protoss still owns ya :p

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
P loses horribly to Z @lt.
and the fact that zerg can do drone push, making zealots useless when they choke Z or defending the entrace against lings.
I'd have to go Terran on this one.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I choose terran cause of tanks on the cliffs are realy big advantages...but as phenoix said it really depends on a lot of things.

G37Z

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kingdomofloathing.com
Lets say im using toss vs zerg. How can i counter that 1st ling rush? Thats what gets me everytime cause of the toss high costs and slow build

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Well, you need to start building a pylon on your 7th probe, near your nexus, so he doesn't gotta travel. That wastes enough time for lings to pwn you. Then set the probe who built the pylon mining. Keep building probes till the pylon is done, get some random mining probe to build a gateway and take it from there.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
If it's LT, block your entrance with 2~3 zealots and a probe behind them if necessary(hold position)

The point is, not to let any zerglings in your base.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, you don't need cannons early game to fight off lings. All you need are zeals and probes. Place your lots on the ramp and 2 probes behind them. The probes will fire from behind the zealots and he'll lose some lings and you can proceed to anti-muta. There you'll need cannons plus an archon or two.

1 gate sair is also pretty viable(from across the map) since you can use that corsair to scout z(as well as kill some overlords) and react appropiately.

The only time you'll need cannons that early is when you're fast expanding.(again from across the map)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've already discussed protoss v zerg briefly, though, I'm not gonna tell you what to do mid-late game since every game changes. That comes with experience(learning what to do).

On to protoss vs terran.
Just do the standard 1 gate goon obs build. Personally, I don't like this build and prefer 2 gate ranged goons over this because it's alot stronger. But, it's tricky on a map like lotem where you need shuttles to defend your cliff.

Anyway, the idea is to outresource/outmacro terran, use flanks, etc.
The units you'll be using for the most are dragoons, zealots, shuttles and obs. Late game carriers are nice if you can micro. You could even throw in temps for storm drops or using hallucination on zeals to help absorb mines and break pushes. Dts are also useful. Use your imagination. You could even try sair/dweb/goon, really. Don't expect too much,though since d-web received a big nerf. :(

This concludes my pvt synopsis.

G37Z

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kingdomofloathing.com
Is it a good idea to place a zealot at any unused minerals on the map u can get one too in case the enemy sends a worker to build? Or is this just a waste?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Use either an observer or dt, maybe. Obs are better, though. Zealots will probably be needed elsewhere. When I'm playing zerg, I'd do that with (burrowed) lings, but since lots can't burrow......