Best Level 9 Iron Man

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Post the best level 9 Iron Man Dueling char you can think of. Equipment is useless considering you only use what you find. You can post vague and general info on what to use. Im lookin for mostly Stats/Skills. Give it your best shot...

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Bash barb, TS assassin or sacrifice pally are what I most often use. I did see an amazing Poison jav zon once though who rocked everyone, but I don't know how she did her skills.

For stats I just go minimum str required, a little bit of dex, about 10 or 15 pts, and rest into vita, because at lvl 9, you're not going to block a lot no matter what, and your AR will be just fine with a little dex.

eatbutt

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have a level 9 LLD asn...
SKILLS:
-Tiger Strike
-Burst Of Speed
-Claw Mastery

EQUIPMENT:
{HELM}- eth/rare Great Helm | AUTO Repair Durability | +res | +str
^^^ SOC. with lvl 9req ED jewel

{ARMOR}- Gothic plate
^^^ SOC. with 3 lvl 9req jewels

{BOOTS}- Sigons

{BELT}- Sigons

{GLOVES}- Sigons

{SHIELD}- Kite Shield
^^^ SOC. with 3 +9 max damage jewels

{WEAPON}- Superior Blade Talon | 13% ED | +Durability
^^^ SOC. with 3 +9 max damage jewels

{RINGS}- 2x Nagles with high AR

{AMMY}- i have no ammy right now but should use a life one

{INVENTORY}- Full with PD | +Dex | +Str... Small Charms

with 3 charges i do just under 700 damage
and thats my lld in a big nutshell lol

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Uhmmm, I DIDNT say LLD, I said Iron Man. I was thinking a summon druid wouuld work nicely. Points into Crows and Wolves would be interesting...

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
When 8 people make new hardcore characters with no items on them, and lvl up to 9 together. At lvl 9 they duel in either a FFA or tournament style using only the items they've found getting from lvl 1 to lvl 9. There are small variations that are often used, but that's the main idea.

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
They're really a lot of fun and require you to fully think out a character build that works with minimal skill points. The skill point you get from the Den of Evil (if it's in the rules for the particular ironman to do the Den) can really make a big difference, too.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
Bash barb, TS assassin or sacrifice pally are what I most often use. I did see an amazing Poison jav zon once though who rocked everyone, but I don't know how she did her skills.

For stats I just go minimum str required, a little bit of dex, about 10 or 15 pts, and rest into vita, because at lvl 9, you're not going to block a lot no matter what, and your AR will be just fine with a little dex.
you learn bash at lvl 12

I would have to say Frost Sorc (well, Im talking aobut based on our Iron man tourny, BF's Iron man tourny)

Why?

Frost armor and frost blast pwns.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
Aqua-THF said:
Uhmmm, I DIDNT say LLD, I said Iron Man. I was thinking a summon druid wouuld work nicely. Points into Crows and Wolves would be interesting...
Nope it wont work, the wolves wont sttack unless you dont move and if you're low life you're kinda ****ed ... we had that already in a tourney

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
Isnt it very easy to max black at low levels? An amazon with base DEX (25) at level 9 using a Large Shield has a 20% Chance of Blocking. With just 10 points extra into DEX(35) this becomes a 40% Chance of Blocking. With 20 Points extra into DEX (45) this becomes a 60% Chance of Blocking. That is blocking a lot. If you go with the 60% you will have 20 points left for anything else. I can see how a Javazon can own an Iron Man Tourny...

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
SweatyOgre said:

might that have been me and i_robbies poison javazons?

ill give a little guide

dont spend stat points til right before duel, but put all in vita besides a few in str if you need for some good gear you got

4 crit strike
4 poison jav
1 dodge

then maybe socket some chip saphs if you need mana, which you prolly will, and try not to get hit, poison jav, run, and try to get them to run through it. you will do like 150 totaly damage, which is godly for lvl 9 with shit gear.

edit:
N_Edd said:
you learn bash at lvl 12

I would have to say Frost Sorc (well, Im talking aobut based on our Iron man tourny, BF's Iron man tourny)

Why?

Frost armor and frost blast pwns.
wasn't there a frost sorc that got pwned in like 5 seconds? ya, frost sorcs suck for iron man. better than shitty barbs though,

i remember the bf iron man, everyone saw me and i-robbies zons and were like "LOL ZONS!"

...then we both were in the top 3....

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
So, this all has the makings of a good Iron Man tourny. I say we have one this weekend...

BlueCheeseKilla

Member!
Reaction score
Website
l33tsk83rs.vze.com
why dont you? you're a mod! i'd certainly participate in one, but dont be jerk like viz and be at the mall, plan it for a time you know you can be home, k?