Best barb equipment

dirkdig

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you can get a good cheap build for 6 sojs. You can get arreats for 1, shaft for 1, war traveler for 2, string for gems, and a shaelshaeleth ccb for 2.

Just about any barb can succeed in hell cows, I am leveling a new pvp barb to 90 before I transfer my gear, so I'm just using what I find along the way. Right now I'm using a cruel great sword with 150 max dmg 2handed, my whirlwind damage is 700-1000. However, with a 7% LL ring, a cathans, a 6ML ammy, and a stealskull, I can survive fairly well as-is in small (less than 10) packs of cows, and while I'm not the fastest killer, my total gear could be obtained for 15 chipped gems. To be honest, with shaft, arreats face, a cathans, a manald, and a ccb, you'll be killing very quickly.

Another subclass you might want to look into is polearm, my friend has one that can clear cows as fast as some nova sorcs, I am not too familiar with the weapon speeds of the elite polearms, so I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
if you have SOJs to spend, or alredy have the items then go with, fury balrog blade, SS (with UM, or 40/15), shaft/ .08 valor, arreats, perfect string, crafted leech rings, IK gloves, and i dont know what boots.

VirtualLoafer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use dual ith blades, .08 havoked Valor, Havoked Arreats Slayer Guard, IK Gloves, Bugged String of Ears, War Travelers, Raven Frost and Bul-Kathos and Viper Torc Ammy.

I won't win any awards for being legit but it works for me.

Misterwhippy

Member!
Reaction score
2 swords works great for PVM, and is a TON of fun. but if you want to live in duels use ith and SS.

hpirs4n

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
where can i get a crafter ring (like how would i go about making one) or how much do they go for?

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
another legit set-up is:

40/15 gaze
'ber' valor
40/15 ss
string
waterwalks
ik gloves
duel leech rings
mara/high lords
and war cri weopons
ffb/300% gf

thats what my barb uses and he owns most zons

airplanecraft

Reaction score
breath of the dying colossus(or any other 6 socket sword) with wirldwind, clears cows FAST! Vex + Hel + El + Eld + Zod + Eth

50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Poison Nova When You Kill An Enemy
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
+350-400% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+200% Damage To Undead
-25% Target Defense
+50 To Attack Rating
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
12-15% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Prevent Monster Heal
+30 To All Attributes
+1 To Light Radius
Requirements -20%

UnsaNe

Member!
Reaction score
dont pay sojs for all of that, none of those items are worth near that

Aqua-THF

Member!
Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else, but I think Gore Rider Boots are the best melee boots:
Defense: 140-162 (varies)(Base Defense: 43-53)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 94
Durability: 34
Assassin Kick Damage: 39-80
+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance Of Open Wounds
15% Chance Of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
+20 Maximum Stamina

UnsaNe

Member!
Reaction score
they are good if you need cheap boots
some say war travelers are better
i wear eth sandstorm treks <- best of all

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
holy shiz mein, don't bump 2 year old topics... ith swords, havok jewels, and sojs being worth a lot didn't throw you guys a hint?? All this was pre-1.10 when it was said, until airplane bumped this. someone close this thread..

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
wow all u ppl that just posted sayin dont trade sojs for those should always look at the date the post was made

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
LaRc said:
i know this is newb section but i feel like a real big noob asking this, what SOJ? hahahaha
SOJ = Stone of Jordan Ring
It's a decent ring that somehow was transformed into a form of currency of the years and patches of D2. Most people who want a price of an item compare it to a value of SOJs.

h-dite

Reaction score
my barb uses fury,stone,steelrends,gorerider,arachnids,areats, soj , highlord and ss and it working well