Battletoads

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, I played it a lot. It was really, really weird :D

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Definitely a hard game, but I still played the hell out of it. I remember making it pretty far once, and getting tons of free guys on Level 2, by whacking into the ravens as I repelled down the vertical tunnel. Of course, the Turbo Tunnel of Level 3 almost drove me insane. Argh, that definitely was one of the harder points in the game.

I believe I originally rented this game, and then bought it after taking it back, just because I wanted to beat the insanely frustrating third level :p

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, the turbo tunnel was bloody insane :D

I wonder where I can get that game again :-/

I don't think I ever finished it.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I can send you an NES emulator and Battletoads ROM, if you'd like.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its highly ironic that you should be talking about this game. My sister's boyfriend was playing it at our house today.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
You have a working NES? I'm forced to use emulators, because my NES consoles all bit the dust. I still have two of them, no longer operational, and three Shadowgate cartridges. Everything else got lost or thrown away.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I didn't play it on NES (which I still have). I played it in GameBoy (the very first one).

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I could find a GB emulator too and the Battletoads ROM for it, if you'd prefer it to lack color and detail :p

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't get to play the NES version, but i played the snes version alot.

I wish my NES consoles were still working. we used to have a shit load of cartridges for it :(

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I'm sure you could find some that have never been removed from their boxes on ebay :p

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i have Battletoads Double Dragon its pretty good harder than most games i own... got to like the 6th level of it and thats like almost all the way though the game. some of the bosses are insane to beat. I have a working NES, Genesis, Game Boy, Gameboy color, N64, and a dreamcast.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah battletoads was a classic for me back in the day. But battletoads and double dragon beat the original.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Yeah, I remember Battletoads. I've got the Game Boy version in this drawer right next to me. Haven't played it in years, though. I remember how excited I'd get when I'd figure out a new move... heh. I think I beat it once. I had Battletoads: Double Dragon a long time ago, but it got stolen by my neighbors. That was a really fun game. I'd always play it with a friend and try to beat it. I remember beating it once. The final bad guy (the woman from Battletoads, I guess?) was easier than the second-to-last guy (some guy from Double Dragon, I think).

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Oh boy, Battletoads : Double Dragon sure does bring back some memories.

I was playing Battletoads (the original) just a couple weeks ago on an emulator. Man that game was awesome. I never could get past the turbo tunnel. Not even to the first checkpoint. :p

Zmoney

Reaction score
I belive I played this game for the original Nintendo also.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Eh, it was nothing revoluationary. I didn't really like it, it was just anohter Final Fight with toads. Kinda sucked too if you asked me. It was far to short, and far to easy.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ive yet to beat the game...i always have trouble on that stage where your in the racing buggy things and have to doge the wall things...

once i got past it but i always get killed in that stage wtih the tower that u keep goin up on...ikt never seems to end >.<

...maybe one day ill put the ol' game genie in and beat it...heheheh

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
The only battletoads game I played was battletoads and double dragons, never did beat that game.