Battlecruiser added

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
The capital ships just seem to get more devastating with every game. Now they have a psi-storm clone, except bombs a section of ground targets.

But then again, it blows just as much energy as the Yamato.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but then i don't think that many people would still use BCs in a toruney.

Ninja_Blue

[ Official Forum Ninja ]
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I hope they will have some kind of speed upgrade.

The only reason I never use BCs is they are so damn slow.

I had about 20 of them fully upgraded in a normal game, and I would've won, if they could've gone faster back to my base.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The problem with the Battlecruiser is that it isn't ment to be used as a war-in-a-can unit, like Red Alert 2's Soviet Apocalypse tank (has daul cannons vs ground, and dual rockets vs air). It is too slow, too much supply/vespane and minerals, and you literally need to consume 1-2 nodes just to build up the BC army. And even then, you would probably be attacked, long before the first BC was produced.

The real purpose of the BC is it was ment to be used as a backup weapon to punch holes in defense, or take down tough units like ultras or carriers for your more useful units.

Yamato does the above. The barrage rockets is only good for dealing with the weaker units that your more fragile units can't contend with.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or just raping a large group of marines/hydras when you don't want to deal with a large number of cheap effective units.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Never cared for the BC and still don't. With this new upgrade(plasma torpedo), they're at least a bit more useful against zerg. This was a disappointing update after waiting 2 or so weeks.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thor still looks pretty...

I just wish Yamato Cannon would do a little bit of splash.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the Reapers I think is the neatest thing to be shown so far. A unit that (hopefully) is available around the same time as a firebat that can jump tiers?

even if it appears on the same tier as a ghost their c4 explosions just look nasty.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, thier D-8 bombs detonate in about 10 seconds. They are also only effective vs. immobile targets or opposing Thors.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the Reapers I think is the neatest thing to be shown so far.

Agreed. I guess I'm a sucker for the cheap,fast, hit-and-run type units.

And Chris: not necessarily. Reapers are very fast. Its quite possible to catch up to retreating units and throw charges behind them, cutting off retreat paths while your other units can finish them off.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its insane to use a marine-ish type unit against a Thor anyway.

In the video a small group of reapers can jump tier, drop the bombs, and if ur not quick enough or notice it, reapers can destroy a command center with ease. As long as they dont attack the only way to detect them is via the minimap or if ur looking at ur command center as its happening.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I shouldnt have used the only keyword. True, you can use the mines as a cutoff power. But you need to have very good predictions on when and where the enemy is gonna be, so the D-8s can set off properly.

Thors (extremely slow and bad turnspeed) and buildings (most immobile) have the least chance of escaping the blast safely.

Pains said:
As long as they dont attack the only way to detect them is via the minimap or if ur looking at ur command center as its happening.
Although risky, you can lift it off the ground. But you wont gain access to minerals for a few seconds. And I know it is risky to use base-class infantry vs Thors... that is if you can rush them into minimum firing range (its like an artillery weapon) and attack them with quick weapons. Or under the cover of more meaty units, you can fly Reapers in and set the bombs.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is there any way to quickly move Thor? Like via dropship?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its the size of a barracks and is a "mobile building", I dont think there is a way.

Unless you are allied with a protoss and they use the dropship to warp teh unit in and drop it.