Battle.lan

O

ordie1980

Does anyone know how to work BATTLE.LAN or LANCRAFT 101B? I can not join my friends game. Thanks.:confused:

S

scooter360

the use of battle lan

this program couldnt be easier. Heres the steps

1: Server side - start a lan game of the game you wanna play.
(Client needs to have the ip of the server and what port its on)
client needs to have the port the game is using opened on
his / her firewall. (same with the server side. both firewalls need to have the port he / she is using on the server for that game.

2: Client needs to open battle lan. client needs to enter in the ip
of the server. click save then start. (be sure that ip is highlighted first so battle lan knows what ip to scan. )

3: client needs to start the game the server is playing (match his version of the game with what patches he is using ... such as this: if dude is playing version 3.1412 of the game, you will need version 3.1412 as well. (this is an example)

4: client needs to go to the multiplayer area of the game and choose lan game. the game the server is playing should appear there.

That is it.

Happy :shoot

T

TrickLo

Yes, same for me. I'm using WCIII v1.11. I'm using the lancraft v1.01b. I can watch the game created on my friend's server but it's not possible to join this game : 'Unable to join the specified game' error message is displayed.

Do you have any idea ?

Thank's.

Trick Lo.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score

Clarion

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think I may have sussed it. I reckon its the crappy Windows XP firewall that's stopping me.

I'll let you know if I have any success when I can try it next.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Clarion
Thanks Aragorn, BTW
Yep, anytime. If you look further down the list you will see my lengthy post on making routers work for WC3. There are various router types there too, if you still have trouble look at my post.