Arthas and the lich king

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
I had always thought that Arthas killed the lich king and took his place and is now in control of the scourge. But I have been seeing people saying that Arthas is now possessed by the lich king. Wasn't the ice the only thing keeping the lich king "alive" and with Arthas breaking it wouldn't that kill the lich king? The reason I thought he killed the lich king, besides breaking the ice, is that he takes the helmet and sits down in the throne like "I own this shit now".

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, essentially, Arthas is the Ner'Zhul's Greating Champion. It is said in the manual that Ner'Zhul needed a new host that was bent between darkness and light to reappear in the world once again. :D

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
As everyone knows Arthas isn't above betraying someone. And wasn't Arthas weakened because Ner'Zhul wanted him to come to him. I doubt Arthas would want anyone around that could do that to him.

Chaos Marine

Member!
Reaction score
Hard but not impossible. What was the point of how it ended if Arthas was just possessed by Ner'Zhul? Why would he break the ice and take the helmet?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Because Ner'Zhul wanted him to. Once he puts on the helmet, they become one, and Ner'Zhul is in the world once again in a body and not as a spiritual entity.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
They form a new entity. Basically, Arthas is the fresh new Duracell Ultra and the Lich King is the Gameboy. The Frostmourne when it was thrown out of the Frozen Throne was the "dead battery", even though it was powerful enough to claim souls.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Chaos Marine said:
So is Arthas still Arthas or is he Ner'Zhul now?
Nore Ner'Zhul I think. Though no one really knows for sure, most assume Ner'Zhul stole his body and he already had his soul so now he has a new host and he's happy. :p

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
thats a shitty way to end a game...it be so much cooler that arthas got fed up with the lich king, and with the help of the voices in his head, killed nerzhul. Then he'd be like kerrigan killing the overmind. and it would be one kickass ending.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
not_a_poster said:
thats a shitty way to end a game...it be so much cooler that arthas got fed up with the lich king, and with the help of the voices in his head, killed nerzhul. Then he'd be like kerrigan killing the overmind. and it would be one kickass ending.
And don't forget our little Illidan named Admiral Dugalle.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
I had always thought that Arthas killed the lich king and took his place and is now in control of the scourge. But I have been seeing people saying that Arthas is now possessed by the lich king. Wasn't the ice the only thing keeping the lich king "alive" and with Arthas breaking it wouldn't that kill the lich king? The reason I thought he killed the lich king, besides breaking the ice, is that he takes the helmet and sits down in the throne like "I own this shit now".

Since he took Frostmourne he became a "thing" he is not human or a palladin anymore. So this lich king uses his body like a host. Getting a little in the story for me this is all Uthers fault because he stand like a p****y and watched what happened (the zombie eppisode was low and he didn't helped Arthas in Northrend). Also that prophet wasn't to convincing, I mean when he came in front of Terenas morphed from the crow and said that he must go to Kalimdor. What was he expecting for the king to say, "Yeah dude, let's go".
Anyway it is pitty for what Arthas became, a soul carrier.

Drexsun

Member!
Reaction score
Arthas and Ner'Zhul are one.. because if you can remeber when he put the helmet on he said that and Ner'Zhul's voice finished the sen. So you can tell that he is still alive and that they are together or so because of the way Arthas's eyes changed after the helmet was on him. Then the Cave/Chamber came crashing down as Arthas sat down on the throne as it was in ages past so the new King could look over his land. Or something like that.. thats the way I look at it.. and the only real enemies now would be the Nightelves because Arthas like kicked every other race's ass.. there is only Jaina and Thrall I think is name was.. or how you spell it anyways.. they are really the only main races left besides the Naga..

I can't wait until Warcraft4 I bet it will be cool if they make one that is. I bet most of the game the main enemy will be the undead because they have taken over most of the world in this one.

lollercoasterzster

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
They did the super-warcraft-mind-meld-power and made one powerful bad guy.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but don't forget that all 3 of them live on Kalimdor. Also in the WoW timeframe, the southern parts of Lorderon (Azeroth) are still owned by the Alliance. Although now, the nothern parts of the land are ravaged by the horde (undead and orcs).

Drexsun

Member!
Reaction score
I do not think WoW is based after Warcraft 3 or they did not think about it or something because I do not think Arthus or whatever is in WoW I don't have the game but I don't think it is seeing the world is not taken over by the undead or anything lol Even though I am gonig to get it and when I do I am Undead all the way.. in normal servers but in RP I will be human just for Roleplaying.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Arthas is in WoW, just no role yet

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They say they were going to add Icecrown in some patch. You find insanely difficult monsters then eventually you find Arthas with the Lich King's power.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Drexsun said:
I do not think WoW is based after Warcraft 3 or they did not think about it or something.
It is 10 years after Warcraft III.