Arkaine's or gladiators'?

Jewbreed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I need some advice on what armor to use. i have a corpsemourn, Gladiators bane and a "Smoke" kraken shell. can any1 plz help me figure out which one is right? my other stuff is a stormsheild, titans, thundergods and shako. it took me a very long time to acheive this but i cant duel unless i have the armor that is good.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for what char? that would help

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thundergods....hmm...perhaps hes a zon?...to tell u the truth..since both armor have flaws including high requirements ide say go with the smoke, but thats just me, if u hadta choose between the two ide say gladbane

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if ure a caster go with valor,+2 skills n vta good stuff

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
No, Valor is horrible on a caster. Either go with CoH (much better as opposed to a Valor), or a Vipermagi, or an Ormus.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
kao,if he is poor,sorry but im asuming u are since the stuff u said u have aint top of the line,valor is great =/

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
CoH is best for a javazon, but if he's poor I'd probably go with the smoke before the others. Personal preference really..:X

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I'd go with Valor. 2+ all skills, Good Vit, Good Defence, 30% FHR. Pretty nice. smoke is also pretty good, but no + skills. If you can afford it CoH. If not, I'd go Valor.

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
depends really....... what type of char this is for........ use glad's on ur merc btw.... the cannot be frozen is a wunder

ZConnor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
nowhere.org
Here's another small issue,

Do you have problems with elemental dam against you? If so, then I'd choose the smoke.

Otherwise, test the armors out, whichever gives you the better chance of survival, go with that.

ZConnor

Jewbreed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If u were wondering my Char is a Zon and she uses the Gladiator's and my merc uses doombringer and Areats face with "smoke" i have worked on my zon forever and she does like 700 - 1300 dmg and with lit fury i do 1100- 1500

Jewbreed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BTW i just got rid of my Corpsemourn for tr's ammy

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Don't double post. ;)

Bleh..I'd go with the arkaines then. Glad bane has never been much of an armor of choice for me. :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Likewise. Although it can have more defence then a Valor, it doesn't give + to Vit based on Half your level (So if your lvl 80 it gives 40 to Vitality) and it also doesn't give 2+ all skills. ^_^

My opinion: Valor > Glad.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Bah, what's a zon need 165 str for? If he's not to rich he won't have much gear to help add to the STR, between valor and bane on a javazone I'd go bane, but then again i wouldn't be picking from those 2 to start..

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Both of those suck for a zon.

The most strength a Javazon should EVER have is around 120 or so. Tgods (which is a must, in most cases) is +20 strength. Titans is 20 strength.

Lets see. Technically a zon could pull off like 30 Str with Enigma and have enough for a valor. But then again, valor sucks. CoH > Valor. Glad Bane is out of the question.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
A Javazon not using a Storm Shield? Oh my.........What's the world coming to these days? Unless you use a lidless (Which I would laugh at you if you do) then SS is the best Javazon Shield IMO.