Arcane Mages own any other mage.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Read the thread title. It says clearly that Arcane Mages own all other mages. DOesn't say anything about shammies, warlocks, priests, so on and so forth

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Mike, I wanna hear it from you. Are the Arcane mages mana efficient? :S

I saw one yesterday and he went out of mana a lot, but he WAS spamming Arcane Missiles a lot.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Mike, I wanna hear it from you. Are the Arcane mages mana efficient? :S

I saw one yesterday and he went out of mana a lot, but he WAS spamming Arcane Missiles a lot.
Yes and no. My Arc Missle costs around 800 per cast, which is a lot compared to the previous 300 per frostbolt I was doing. However, the dmg payoff is about the same. My frostbolts used to hit for around 1.5k-1.6k with a 2.5-3k crits at the cost of 300ish mana. My arc missle hits at what I said above (900x4 or x5 if I get in on the 80% chance it won't be bugged, critting for 1800-2k per tick x4/5 if they all tick (which by the way is absolutely beautiful, expecially if I throw on my trinket and AP, with clearcasting I can do something like 6k dmg off 1 Arc Missle).

It's not very good for leveling, as theres hardly any survivability, and you stand there and take a beating for the most part (or at least I do, because I'm lazy)

Arc Blast is where the mana will really start to add up. I normally (now) pull with one, throw PoM on if it's up, insta cast it then it's on a 1.5sec cast time. It's costing me 670ish mana each time though, but the dmg output is almost worth it. It hits for a little less than my critting frostbolt on normal, crits doing 4.5kish dmg.

But, the biggest part of being an Arcane mage is that you HAVE the extra mana to spend. You can get up to 15% extra int through talents which basically make up for it. Hell, my mage is almost at 10k mana buffed as opposed to frost or fire mages that I see with almost the same gear running around with high 7 low 8k. It's all in your playstyle.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice, I really want to try one =D