Arcane Mages own any other mage.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Talents are as follows;

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oixEc0fzgIuio

With +630 dmg arc/fire/frost I do an intense amount of dmg via Arc Blast and Missle.

I'll pull with Slow followed by 2 Arc Blasts (everyone says this is a bad thing to do, cause of the mana cost, but they're wrong), then lay down an Arc Missle and the mob is dead. And I'm talking about lvl 66-68 mobs. That's all it takes. My Blast does about 1300dmg uncrit, crits for nearly 3k, and my Missles hit for around 650 EACH critting for 1400.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my crit chance with Arc Missle is 21% // 51% in clearcast, add 6% more for Arc Blast and Explosion.

Anyone that says going deep arcane sucks clearly hasn't played one. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my mage (at 65) has nearly 9k Mana. So the whole "well it burns your mana" debate is null, seeing's as how I can pull an easy 7 mobs before I run out.

I've dueled both Fire and Ice mages, both full in and I've wiped them every time. The only time I have any trouble is on Arcane/Fire or Arcane/Ice mages, but I can still take them down if I pop cooldowns.

Oh, I forgot to mention that if I use Arc Power with my trinket (the quest reward that addsd 27crit spell points on equip and 150spell dmg 250healing on use) my Arc Missles do around 900, crit for almost 2k, and my Arc Blast hits for around 2k, critting for almost 4.5k

:bugeyes :bugeyes

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeah, Arcane mages are very good, but still there are some things in frost that I like, like Ice Block removal of dots, etc.

I was indeed also considering either going Arcane or Elemental, gotta try them both I suppose.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
5.3k unbuffed.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I doubt you've be able to do much against me in a duel.

Specially since I start casting firebolt/frostbolt so people blow their CS on it and then throw in with the arcane. 2 Arc Missles and you'de be dead (which is around 9-10 seconds). Think you could wilttle down 5kHP + mana shield in that time?

Edit; Though I gotta tell you, people are like "Wow, wtf are you doing" when I'm in groups and shit because I'm using AM or Blast. Stupid assholes.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Haha, coRt, you and I have the exact same build, shame the admins here took so long to approve my post...

And Souless, you're only talking about mages. What about shamans, for example, who can spam Earth Shock, or any other class, is it that viable? After all, it's a long casting spell. And it can also be interrutable by mages other than CS (polymorph + instant to prevent HP gain, for example).

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
5k hp? in the gear he has he could 2 shot you with ease, not to mention any dots from pyro / fireball

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
5k hp? in the gear he has he could 2 shot you with ease, not to mention any dots from pyro / fireball
Obviously you don't know what "Improved Counter Spell" does. 10Seconds with no fire, 3/4 seconds with no spells whatsoever while I'm hitting him for ~3-4k dmg per 5secs = gg. Mana shield or not.

Edit; Oh wait, I forgot about Slow making his non-PoM Pyroblast something like a 12second cast, firebolts being 6secs. Good luck with that.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
You also forget that Cort is 70.

And you are...um...not.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm 66. When I was 56 I could take down 60's left and right, as long as they wernt to heavily geared. I duel lvl 70's all the time on our server, and I win, most of the time.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Then you'de dominate me =(. I can't iceblock to get rid of the debuffs anymore, which makes me a sad mage.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I said that the day before I got BC. Which I did only have that much.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hate @ taking so damn long to approve my posts. SouleSS, do read my post above plz.