APM?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was just wondering what your average APMs were? Mine is around 100-110. I really dont understand how people could have apms over 200! THat is just a waste! I think people keep clicking and be all jittery to keep focused in the game. I find myself to lose concentration sometimes. ANd i end up doing stupid crap.
For exmple look at 4k^Tod playing. Do any one of you click that much? lol...

http://wcreplays.com/events/cpl05/videos/12-tod-playing.zip

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
APM is not really a measure of skill, especialy when you can just do random clicks to bring it up. I had in my glory days a nice 120-140 rouglhy. It wasn't to bad. Right now when I play I get at best 80-100. I just am no focused anymore. Only when I face people I really want to beat does it go up slightly.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
My APM changes with time. When i havent played for 2 months or more it is about 110-120, it increases up to 13-140 and when i was in good shape i had 150-160 every time and it was real. My best has been 180 but the player quit earlier and this increased it. I do it with the same reason as why others do it, i know and you should also know that HIGH APM DOES NOT MEAN THAT SOMEONE LESS THAN 100 IS NEWB although good players play for apm too.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, I didnt say APM was a measure of skill. I know it isnt. But, having a high APM means that you are focused during the game. lol, Mystic sorcerer, do you do random useless clicks when you get that high apm? Or is it mostly micro?

I have one more question about this. Does APM count keyboard actions too? Because i saw 4k tod using the keyboard a lot!

1 more question lol:
WHen you are battling another army? do you que up attacks with shift? and go and work in your base...well not for a long time ofcourse. Just for a bit? I never do this but i hear most gosus do.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I know this is gunna be stupid, but...APM? I probably know what it is, but I don't feel like thinking right now.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Krikkit said:
I know this is gunna be stupid, but...APM? I probably know what it is, but I don't feel like thinking right now.

APM means actions per minute. A 60 apm means you click once a second. a 120 apm means you click twice a second. 180 means you click thrice a second and anyhting above 200 is unatural.

It is all averaged out throughout the game, so there may be areas with less APM, but areas where it is incredibly high. IT is averaged out which is why those who really care spam rally points in he beginign to bring up thier APM.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
around 150ish, but it gets lower as time passes for me...

I noticed that alot of them clicks their relay point madly.

Biske

Reaction score
So, explain further on this. You can see your APM? And what do you do to increase/decrease this?

Hazard_2u

Member!
Reaction score
you can see your apm by downloading a program (forgot the name) and you can increase it or decrease it by clicking more or less. Mostly it is just something to brag about I beat peeps with higher apm than me all the time

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
yeah, I didnt say APM was a measure of skill. I know it isnt. But, having a high APM means that you are focused during the game. lol, Mystic sorcerer, do you do random useless clicks when you get that high apm? Or is it mostly micro?

I have one more question about this. Does APM count keyboard actions too? Because i saw 4k tod using the keyboard a lot!

1 more question lol:
WHen you are battling another army? do you que up attacks with shift? and go and work in your base...well not for a long time ofcourse. Just for a bit? I never do this but i hear most gosus do.
Yes but to be honest, you can't make 300 APM with only clicking... mTw.Didi8 does it every time ~300. It's micro too.

Generally you can select buildings in the beginning with your controls and that increases the apm just a little- you may have 110 without it and 130 with selecting. If you want to have 200 you need a lot of actions during battles, multiple creeping etc. It is more for microing that you think during battle and all stuff like healing, invis, select, surround. Somehow with doing such things many times it increases. Know what i said that it was 120 when i didnt play often? Now it is again 140 mostly. Depends on other things too. If someone leaves a game in the middle you may be displayed higher apm. But you have to follow aom in a game you really defeat the player but he doesnt leave because of disconnection. Yes i sometimes use SHIFT when i see more than 1 injured unit.

Tupac Amaru Shakur

Reaction score
I remember using that program cant really remember what my apm was. But 400 is just all random, trying to get apm up clicks no one is that fast with that many cliks PERSECOND. Some skills in custom games are only about a few seconds long because they are so strong but a second isnt very long and certainly not long enough for the amount of clicks said. I mean if u sat there click your finger off mocing unigs to the same spot or rallying a point to the same spot then maybe it can be done but skill doesnt have anything to do with it.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
AHappyChineseBoy said:
Your all wrong, everyone knows that high APM means your a better player
In most cases it is so. All Gosus have high apm.

Reaction score
lol that statement was all a lie man. On what I consider good games I consider score 100 apm and slightly higher without clicks. I AT with players who's APM usually goes for about 60-70 without clicks.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
here is the thing. Not everyone that has high APM is Gosu, but Gosu all have high APM.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol if you mass click you don't get 200 APM believe me. They do it but the rest that makes it 200 or 300 is a lot of actions during battles and during the game as a whole. It's high time u understood that. Otherwise I would always be 180-200.